Head of Engineering
Arcadia is creating a new category in gaming unlike anything gamers or audiences have experienced before: SuperSports. It's the world's first gaming platform that combines Esports with traditional athletics. Instead of avatars, Arcadia Athletes use their bodies as controllers inside competitive video games - in front of live interactive audiences.
Esports + Traditional Sports = Arcadia. Check out our official launch trailer here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zx1ogda_GM
To accomplish this vision, we are leveraging the full power of Unreal Engine to merge game development, VR development, full body tracking, networking, virtual production and much more - and the Head of Engineering plays a central role in ensuring our success. The ideal candidate is passionate about technology and innovation, has a strong and diverse development background as well as leadership and planning experience in technically challenging projects.
- Lead a programming team to develop new games and improve the Arcadia platform.
- Provide development strategies and time estimates for the various initiatives.
- Collaborate with designers and artists to implement and refine gameplay features using the Unreal 4 game engine
- Work with other departments to ensure the good integration of the gameplay code with the platform and other tools.
- Balance coding, supporting team members, and management tasks
- Establish clear coding best practices and lead regular code reviews
- Ensure the quality, stability, and scalability of the product with the elaboration of tests and of a strong quality assurance process.
- Anticipate, identify and articulate technical and developmental risks and obstacles, and generate solutions
- Be the knowledge point relating to the Unreal Engine codebase.
- Lead the network architecture and long term vision of the code base.
- Participate in all project phases, from concept to maintenance.
- Ensure the creation of strong technical documentation.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
- Experience with building and leading engineering teams.
- Excellent C++ skills and software engineering principles.
- Thorough understanding of Unreal Engine 4 modules and design patterns.
- Thorough understanding of Unreal Engine 4 Networking architecture.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and use Blueprints effectively.
- The ideal candidate will be organized, able to work and coordinate on multiple projects while communicating with the team to meet goals.
- Great attention to details and the will to deliver bug free releases.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience in VR game development
- Experience in test-driven development
- Experience in Web development
- Experience in DevOps
- Experience in video production environments
We look forward to reviewing your application to The Arcadia Games!
Arcadia is an equal opportunity employer and is proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our customers.