Senior Unreal Engine Programmer
Arcadia is creating a new category in gaming unlike anything gamers or audiences have experienced before: SuperSports. It's the world's first gaming platform that combines Esports with traditional athletics. Instead of avatars, Arcadia Athletes use their bodies as controllers inside competitive video games - in front of live interactive audiences.
Esports + Traditional Sports = Arcadia. Check out our official launch trailer here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zx1ogda_GM
To accomplish this vision, we are leveraging the full power of Unreal Engine to merge game development, VR development, full body tracking, networking, virtual production and much more - and the Unreal Game Programmer plays a critical role in ensuring our success. The ideal candidate is passionate about technology and innovation, is self-motivated and has a desire to create the next best game.
- Develop and maintain free roam multiplayer large scale VR games inside Unreal Engine.
- Work hand-in-hand with the founders, programmers and artists.
- Implement and maintain productivity and game balance tools for other developers.
- Imagine, prototype and propose ideas for new games and game mechanics.
- Independently manage and track progress against deadlines.
- Efficiently communicate progress and hurdles to other team members.
- Evaluate emerging problems and future needs, propose solutions and time estimates.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
The ideal candidate is someone who is passionate about games, virtual reality and sports with the following skills:
- 5 years of experience as a C++ developer in Unreal Engine.
- Experience with Blueprint Scripting development.
- Multiplayer networking development skills.
- Good coding ethic with constructive and informative comment habits.
- Understanding of the software/hardware requirements for Unreal Engine, 3D assets, textures and optimizing for high frame rates in VR.
- Ability to work independently while also collaborating in a team environment.
- Strong ability to present your work to other team members.
- The ideal candidate will be organized, able to work and coordinate on multiple projects and quickly pivot between them, while communicating with the team to meet our project goals.
- Experience with DevOps.
- Knowledge of Python
- Web development skills
- Experience with free-roam VR/AR gaming and development
- Experience with Oculus Quest development
We look forward to reviewing your application to The Arcadia Games!
Arcadia is an equal opportunity employer and is proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our customers.