Automotive Customer Manager
We’re on a mission to reinvent the way people buy, sell, and own cars. Are you game?
Clutch is Canada’s largest online used car retailer, delivering a seamless, hassle-free car buying and selling experience to drivers everywhere. Customers can browse hundreds of cars from the comfort of their homes, get the right one delivered to their door, and enjoy peace of mind with our 10-Day Money-Back Guarantee… and that’s just the beginning.
Named two years in a row to the Globe & Mail’s list of the Top Growing Companies in Canada and also awarded spots on Deloitte’s Technology Fast 50™ and Fast 500™ lists, we’re looking to add curious, hard-working, and driven individuals to our growing team.
Headquartered in Toronto, Clutch was founded in 2017 and currently services Ontario, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, and Prince Edward Island. Clutch is backed by a number of world-class investors, including D1 Capital, Canaan, Real Ventures, BrandProject, and Upper90. To learn more, visit clutch.ca.
About the role:
Clutch is in search of a Customer Manager to champion the online used car buying process.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a rapidly growing team and create a huge impact, as we expand in new cities across Canada!
Take part in disrupting the age-old mundane process of buying a car & redefine what it means to sell used vehicles.
What you'll do:
- Kick off the purchasing process once customers have placed a deposit on our website and be their guide through the transaction - set expectations for the next steps and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Update all relevant information and details in our CRM, verify and generate documents.
- Submit credit applications through systems like RouteOne, Dealertrack to structure deals for our customers that are looking to finance
- Communicate lender decisions to customers in an accurate and timely manner
- Build the business by upselling ancillary products that Clutch offers including but not limited to: extended warranties, GAP, undercoating etc
- Effectively handle customer objections
All about you:
- Minimum 2-3 year sales experience
- Experience in lending or banking is preferred
- Previous experience dealing with challenging credit profiles (subprime) is an asset
- You should be comfortable in a fast-paced environment and able to juggle a large number of customers at a time
- Stoked about disrupting and redefining an age-old industry and a drive to win
- Self-starter attitude
- Attention to detail and high level of organization
- Exceptional communication and negotiation skills
Why you’ll love it at Clutch:
- Autonomy & ownership -- create your own path, and own your work
- Competitive compensation and equity incentives!
- This role offers a base compensation + sales incentive plan
- Health & dental benefits
Please note this role is on-site in Etobicoke (not hybrid), you must be comfortable working on-site.
Clutch is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where all individuals have an opportunity to succeed. If you require accommodation at any stage of the interview process, please email email@example.com.