Business Development Representative (BDR)
We’re on a mission to reinvent the way people buy, sell, and own cars. Are you game?
Clutch is Canada’s largest online used car retailer, delivering a seamless, hassle-free car buying and selling experience to drivers everywhere. Customers can browse hundreds of cars from the comfort of their home, get the right one delivered to their door, and enjoy peace of mind with our 10-Day Money-Back Guarantee… and that’s just the beginning.
Named three years in a row to the Globe & Mail’s list of the Top Growing Companies in Canada and also awarded spots on Deloitte’s Technology Fast 50™ and Fast 500™ lists, we’re looking to add curious, hard-working, and driven individuals to our growing team.
Headquartered in Toronto, Clutch was founded in 2017 and currently services Ontario, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, and Prince Edward Island. Clutch is backed by a number of world-class investors, including D1 Capital, Canaan, Real Ventures, BrandProject, and Upper90. To learn more, visit clutch.ca.
About the role:
We are seeking a motivated and customer-focused representative to join our growing team. You will be responsible for coordinating and facilitating the process of buying vehicles from individuals who are looking to sell their cars to Clutch. You will be the main point of contact for sellers, guiding them through the selling process, answering their questions, and providing excellent customer service. This role requires excellent communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to build rapport with customers.
What you'll do:
- Handle customer inquiries via calls, emails, and SMS, while also verifying necessary documentation, arranging appointments, and providing assistance to customers who visit in person. Expect to have 70+ calls a day.
- Take the time to patiently explain the Clutch process to customers, making sure they fully understand its unique aspects compared to traditional dealerships.
- Conduct visual inspections of cars to ensure no undisclosed damage exists.
- Take notes and update all the relevant information and details about customer interactions in our CRM.
- Collaborate with multiple functions to ensure a smooth all-around experience.
- A major part of this job is to communicate how kick-ass Clutch is and how different buying/selling a car with Clutch is. We want people who are as excited about selling a car online as we are!
What we’re looking for:
- You should be comfortable in a fast-paced environment and able to juggle a large number of customers & systems at a time (it's super busy here!)
- You are passionate about customer experience
- 2-3 years experience of sales service/support required
- Passion for cars is a plus
- Self-starter attitude
- Attention to detail and a high level of organization
- Stoked about disrupting and redefining an age-old industry and a drive to win
Why you’ll love it at Clutch:
- Autonomy & ownership -- create your own path, and own your work
- Competitive compensation and equity incentives!
- This role offers a base compensation + sales incentive plan
- Health & dental benefits from day 1
Please note this role is on-site in Etobicoke (not hybrid), you must be comfortable working on-site. This is a Full-Time position.