Senior Software Engineer
Clutch is Canada’s largest online used car retailer, delivering a seamless, hassle-free car-buying experience to drivers everywhere. Customers can browse hundreds of cars from the comfort of their home, get the right one delivered to their door, and enjoy peace of mind with our 10-Day Money-Back Guarantee… and that’s just the beginning.
Named one of Canada’s top growing Companies two years in a row and also awarded a spot on LinkedIn’s Top Canadian Startups list, we’re looking to add curious, hard-working, and driven individuals to our growing team.
Headquartered in Toronto, Clutch was founded in 2017. Clutch is backed by a number of world-class investors, including Canaan, BrandProject, Real Ventures, D1 Capital, and Upper90. To learn more, visit clutch.ca.
What you'll do:
- You will be responsible for writing clean, readable, and testable code that adheres to best practices, ensuring a high degree of reliability
- Collaborate with the team to shape the future of our codebase by giving input into designing and implementing scalable and secure architectures that meet the needs of our growing business.
- Work closely with stakeholders to understand their requirements and deliver improvements to the online customer experience.
- Utilize your expertise and experience to engage in peer review sessions, provide constructive feedback, and participate in system design discussions.
- Lead the complete development lifecycle of projects, starting from the initial planning phase, through development and testing, and into maintenance. This involves ensuring project milestones are met, coordinating with cross-functional teams, and driving successful project outcomes.
What we're looking for:
- B.S. degree in Software Engineering or equivalent experience
- 4+ years relevant industry experience developing software solutions
- Proficiency in one or more modern programming languages (e.g. Typescript, Python, Go, Ruby, C#, Rust, etc…)
- Strong understanding of Frontend and/or Backend frameworks such as (React/Vue, Express/Flask, Ruby on Rails, etc…)
- Familiarity with cloud platforms such as AWS (Amazon Web Services), Azure, or Google Cloud Platform.
- Experience working with relational databases like PostgreSQL, MySQL, or Oracle, and in writing efficient SQL queries, designing database schemas, and optimizing database performance.
- Experience in optimizing application performance, identifying and resolving bottlenecks.
- Knowledge of testing frameworks and methodologies for unit testing, integration testing, and end-to-end testing.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment, following methodologies such as Scrum or Kanban, and using tools like Jira or Github Projects for project management and collaboration.
Why you’ll love it at Clutch:
- Autonomy & ownership -- create your own path, and own your work
- Competitive compensation and equity incentives!
- Generous time off program
- Health & dental benefits