Senior Director, National Production
POSITION: Senior Director, National Production
At Clutch, we care deeply about our customers and want to bring Canadians the best, most convenient and highest quality car buying experience. This all starts with the quality of the vehicle that we offer on our website. To ensure that we are offering the highest quality pre-owned vehicles, we have built inspection and reconditioning centers (IRCs), where our cars are inspected, perfected, and photographed before reaching the Clutch website. We have a 210-point inspection process that allows us to verify that every vehicle meets our rigorous mechanical and cosmetic standards.
Clutch is looking to hire for the Senior Director, National Production position to lead our largest IRC based in Canada. The Senior Director, National Production will be responsible for overall leadership and performance of the IRC’s at our locations across Canada. This individual will lead a team of 50+ individuals working various shifts and locations. The Senior Director of the IRC will be responsible for maintaining the team culture, a high bar for excellence, and employee engagement while ensuring the facility meets quality, production, and cost objectives.
Clutch Technologies Inc.
12 Goldthorne Ave, Etobicoke, ON M8Z 5S8
Senior Director, National Production
Location: Etobicoke, Ontario
Terms of Employment: Full-time / Permanent
Language: English – Written and spoken skills are required
Number of Positions/Vacancies: One (1)
Salary: CAD$ 250,000.00 annually
Hours per week: 40 hours/week – Full Time
Benefits: Eligible for discretionary bonuses and/or salary increases in accordance with company policy. Eligible for Health and Dental benefits. Eligible for Company Stock Options.
- Leading strategic planning of Clutch nationwide to ensure the facility has the capability to meet future demands, specifically as it relates to Inspection and Reconditioning Centres (IRC)
- Establishing objectives and providing strategic visions and guidance to the company
- Ensuring management beliefs and behaviour are in line with company standards and culture
- Frequently visiting shop floor to oversee production and strengthen connection with business and leadership
- Overseeing team of 50+ staff and ensuring operating standards are consistently executed (including standardized work, operating rules, 5S, visual management tools, and health and safety standards)
- Leading the operations planning for the IRC and overseeing implementation via team of middle managers
- Overseeing weekly operations review meetings for each area and reporting on inspection center performance
- Allocating resources to issues and ensuring issues are resolved
- Participating in the selection and hiring process and ensuring pipeline of staff (management and associates) to fill current and future positions
- Mentoring and reconditioning managers and providing competency-based feedback to ensure leaders throughout the organization are also providing appropriate feedback to their staff
- Travel to site locations, as required.
- 10+ years of management experience in an automotive production environment with volume of 150+ vehicles weekly
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field
- Proven knowledge of and experience with utilizing lean manufacturing principles
- Proven track record of leading and developing associates
- Proven ability to obtain project deliverables and company metrics
- Valid Canada driver’s license
- Clean driving record with no moving violations on record
- Experience working with external vendors to complete reconditioning services on budgeted timelines and cost
How to Apply for the Job
- Point of Contact Name: Jiaxin Wang
- Phone: (416) 878-0833
- Mail: 223 Evans Ave., Etobicoke, ON M8Z 1J5