Senior Machine Learning Engineer
About the job
A little about us
DreamFold is a startup developing generative machine learning algorithms to navigate the vast space of proteins to discover medicines. We work at the intersection of machine learning, molecular simulation, and synthetic biology.
Founded by researchers from Yoshua Bengio’s lab, as well as Michael Bronstein, a professor of AI at the University of Oxford, our goal is to save millions of patients left without a cure.
As a DreamFold Research Engineer, you will
- Work closely with our founding team and advisors to build and deploy generative learning models on AWS and GCP, built in Ray and Anyscale.
- Run ML training and inference workloads parallelized across thousands of GPUs.
- Build machine learning tooling and library code that enables an efficient, flexible, and scalable platform.
- Set up validations and benchmarks to ensure a high quality of ML models.
- Demonstrate a high level of autonomy and critical thinking in order to take full ownership of your work.
- Integrate feedback from biological labs performing large-scale experiments on proteins and cancer cells.
All to ultimately design new drugs that will save lives.
Required skills and experience
- A degree in computer science, applied math, computational biology, or another quantitative field.
- 4+ years of experience building and running deep learning models.
- Demonstrated capability to summarize scientific content, to navigate complex and unknown problems, and to collaborate closely with cross-functional teams.
- Experience working with industrial scale models on distributed infrastructure.
- Experience developing and maintaining software libraries, following industry standard expectations.
You might also have
- Knowledge on generative models, reinforcement learning, and natural language processing algorithms.
- Peer reviewed publication(s) in the field of machine learning and/or experience contributing to open-source libraries.
Our commitments to you
- Opportunities for growth and leadership within our team. You will have a direct impact on patients’ lives.
- Gain first-hand experience and visibility on all aspects of the company by working closely with our founding team and advisors.
- Scientific impact, publishing research and attending top ML conferences (ICML, NeurIPS, ICLR).
- A stimulating work environment within Mila - Quebec’s AI Institute. We are located in the charming and vibrant neighborhood of Montreal’s Little Italy - within walking distance to beautiful parks, great food and the popular Marche Jean-Talon.
- Support for a Canadian work permit and permanent residency if needed.
- Comprehensive health insurance including vision, dental and drug coverage.
- A competitive compensation package including a true ownership stake (RSAs).