Computer Scientist - 3D Geometric Modelling
A new dimension to your career.
Masterpiece Studio’s culture of innovation is engrained in everything we do. For us, breaking barriers isn’t just a once-in-a-while occurrence– it’s a part of our everyday routine. Why? Because this company lives on the cutting edge of tech, art, and business theory. Our immersive 3D design pipeline empowers creatives to envision and change our future world, and our work environment does much the same. In fact, the people at Masterpiece are very similar to the products they work on: highly inventive, but always grounded in artistry and tangible results.
Essentially, our team is anything but one dimensional. Forget the classic management hierarchy– from the admin space to the technical side, every person here provides valuable insights and a willingness to pivot. We’re intrinsically motivated to do our best individually, but we’re also here to support each other as needed. At Masterpiece, it's all about blending highly professional results with a collaborative atmosphere.
We believe our people are at their best when they are passionate about the work they do. The projects you will work on here will be ones you won’t want to stop talking about, researching, and exploring every chance you get. Our team enables individuals to develop their skills, so you’ll never be put in a box– but we will challenge you to take the reins and step outside of it.
So if you’ve got a thirst for knowledge and a passion for disrupting the status quo, we’d love to talk. Masterpiece is always looking for big dreamers to help build the new world in 3D.
- An advanced degree (Masters / PhD) and/or several years of industry experience specializing in 3D mesh and geometry processing algorithms.
- Experience developing custom real-time editing operations for polygonal mesh sculpting and modelling system (organic and hard surface).
- Strong proficiency with C++, C#, graphics programming (vert, geom, frag shaders), GPGPU programming (compute) and knowledge of state-of-the-art 3D geometric modelling algorithms.
It would be beneficial (though not required) if they also have a working knowledge of:
- Unity shaders
- Unity application development
- Android development and deploy
- Machine learning
What You’ll Get By Joining Our Team
You will have the chance to lead an industry.
Many people only dream of having the opportunity to set the standard in art, tech, and business– but if you have the talent, Masterpiece has the power to make it your new normal. We work in a space where things are constantly changing, which means you’ll always have a new puzzle to solve. If you’re inspired by overcoming the impossible with stellar teammates by your side, Masterpiece is the place to bring your best to even better.
You will feel the impact of your work.
At Masterpiece, you have the power to shape your career, doing the things you love most on projects with serious impact. We pride ourselves on pushing boundaries, so we encourage conversations about how to do things better– and when it’s your turn to speak up, this team will always have your back.
You will be a lifelong learner.
Joining the Masterpiece team means committing to continuous development and curiosity. After all, it’s hard to stay stagnant in an industry as dynamic as ours. We’ll work with you to find the common ground between our overarching goals and your personal interests, so you can expand your skillset to a whole new level.
- Shape the future of VR creation for gaming, animation, and the metaverse
- Partner with the biggest players in tech
- Direct access to our C-Level
- Freedom to build and innovate beyond your job description
- Remote work opportunities
Masterpiece Studio is bringing cutting-edge machine learning and cutting-edge VR technologies together to enable hundreds of millions of people to create 3D content. This tight-knit team of strong individuals is working together to make a massive impact and change an industry.
Masterpiece Studios is years ahead of anybody else in the world, leading an industry with a simplified full solution to make real-time 3D content. With many of the top companies in the world partnering with us, there is an immense opportunity to grow.
“Against all odds, people thought it couldn’t be done, but this passionate team came together, and found a way to break through, to have breakthrough technology and make it all work.” - Jon Gagne, CEO of Masterpiece Studio
We’re taking on the Goliaths of the world– and we're winning.
Stay in The Loop:
Masterpiece Studio is where big dreamers can help build the new world in 3D.
Stay informed of all things Masterpiece Studio before anyone else by joining our Talent Network. Click here to join.
What You’ll Do
In this role, our new hire will be tasked to create a real-time mesh sculpting and modelling system for our VR-based 3D modelling application.
Some of the core outcomes we’d love our next hire to deliver include:
- Creating a mesh sculpting system that can create organic and hard surfaces, such as characters and props.
- Delivering a high-performance system that can manipulate at least 200k polys in real-time (90hz) on an Android-powered system.
- Engineering a stable system that is capable of passing automated tests with flying colours.
We suspect our next hire will accomplish their goals by:
- Implementing geometry processing algorithms.
- Maintaining high-code quality (documented, maintainable, extensible, modular, simple).
- Staying up to date with state-of-the-art methods in geometry processing.
- Creating gating tests, automated framework tests to ensure the validity of new builds.
“I can see the excitement in the people I work with, and it makes me really excited to work with them– because everybody is very passionate about what they do. They're passionate about the future of digital conversations.” - Adrienne White, Customer Support
Masterpiece Studio is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are given consideration regardless of race, religion, colour, gender, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class as provided in applicable employment laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at careers (at) masterpiecestudio (dot) com.