Metacommerce is the first CRM and marketing automation platform to integrate the tools and insights scaling web3 companies need to deliver best-in-class experiences to their dApp users and asset holders, all-in-one place.
Since our founding in late 2021, we've helped support brands mint over 18.8k+ NFTs, and generate over 4.7k+ ETH in sales volume (and we're just getting started).
We're backed by leading investors including, Makers Fund, Uncorrelated, Panache Ventures, and Mistral Ventures.
What to expect
- Make a big impact helping to bring products from the ideation stage to reality.
- Become an early member of an extremely dedicated and intense team, operating in a remote async environment.
- Get access to new learning opportunities focused on some of the biggest challenges in finance, blockchain, and technology today.
- Work with an eclectic group of specialists, each at the top of their respective fields.
We are looking for an exceptional Full-Stack Engineer to join our team. They will work closely with our CTO and Head of Infrastructure/DevOps to help build our databases/pipelines with anticipation of future needs, source new data as needed, and build scalable backend infrastructure.
The candidate for this role will be expected to be self-driven, filling in-gaps across our team as needed and will need to leverage their broad skillsets, which should include backend/front-end development, database architecture, API/SDK development, ETL, and data pipeline set-up. Experience with blockchain, NFTs, and DeFi is preferred.
See a non-comprehensive list of the role and related responsibilities details below;
Build applications & tools
You will develop and maintain performant, scalable, and secure applications.
Design data structures
Design efficient data structures, schemas and ETL for long-term scalability
Source new datasets
Pull data from sources including the blockchain and other site APIs (Opensea, Moralis, etc)
Optimize data pipelines
Craft optimized data pipelines and backend infrastructure for data processing, real-time insights, reporting, and other related areas.
Develop custom integrations
Build custom marketing (social/platforms) and data integrations (blockchain/alt data APIs).
Write high-quality code
Resolve bugs and support refactors
You will debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack.
QA, documentation, and testing where needed.
You will write unit tests and high-quality documentation.
What we are looking for
- Candidates must have at least 3+ years experience in a related software development role.
- 6+ months of involvement/participation somewhere in Web3 (NFTs, DeFi, DAOs, etc.)
- Experience with querying and interacting with EVM Based blockchains.
- Extensive knowledge of AWS services, including RDS, DynamoDB, Step Functions, Lambda, Cognito.
- Experience designing database schemas, data structures, and ETL pipelines from scratch.
- Able to manage multiple projects at once, and act in a self-directed, "manager of one" manner.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English (English Native/Fluent) to support our largely asynchronous, documentation forward culture.
- Apparent and clear attention to detail.
Bonus points for
- Previous experience in a rapidly scaling startup environment (Pre-seed to Series B)
- Previous experience building Analytics/BI systems from scratch
- Previous experience in BI or Data Science
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related technical field
Our Tech Stack
*Our tech stack is constantly evolving but we except strong knowledge of the above at minimum.
What we offer
- 🕛 Full time roles in a company within a rapidly growing industry.
- 🌎 An all-remote opportunity in an async culture. Go nomadic or stay at home, we don't care.
- 💼 Annual professional learning and development budget.
- 💸 Competitive salary based on candidate's location and experiences.
To give every candidate a clear understanding of our hiring process and what to expect we've listed our standard recruitment stages below with brief descriptions of each stage.
Intro Call: (15 - 20 mins)
Initial chat to get to know you better and give you an overview of the role.
General Interview: (30 mins)
In-depth discussion on team and culture as well as how you've worked in the past.
Technical Interview: (30 - 45 mins)
Deep dive into your technical experience and skill sets, expect some coding questions.
Reference Checks: (N/A)
We ask that all candidates provide 2-3 professional references upon application. At this stage we connect with them!
Hiring Decision: (N/A)
Yes or no, plus some light feedback if requested.
Approx. Total Time: 1.5 Hours over the span of 1 week