Senior Front-End Engineer
We are a well-funded, hyper-growth, scale-up looking for an experienced Front-End Developer. If you’ve ever dreamed of working with a top tier technology company scale-up, on leading edge technologies, backed by the very best venture capitalists in the world, then this is your chance.
Some details about MobSquad:
- MobSquad solves the significant and growing technology talent shortage faced by US-based start-ups and scale-ups by enabling its clients to quickly have a turnkey "virtual" Canadian subsidiary. MobSquad ensures technology professionals with US work visa challenges remain working with their current company, but nearshore from Canada. This is accomplished via MobSquad's unique partnership with the Canadian Government, enabling work visas to be issued for technology professionals and their respective families within four to six weeks, and Canadian permanent residency within six to eight months. Additionally, MobSquad has unfettered access to top-tier global technology talent which it relocates to Canada and pairs with American as well as Canadian clients on an exclusive, long-term basis, helping firms not only retain their existing world-class technology talent base, but grow it substantially.
- We’re a Certified B corporation, and have made numerous contributions to charitable organizations, as well as a financial commitment to the Upside Foundation. We believe we are playing a key role in enhancing Canada’s innovation economy, and have received financial support from the Government of Canada, Province of Alberta, Province of Nova Scotia, and City of Calgary, to support this ambition.
- For our workplace culture, we were recognized as the 3rd best place to work in Canada (for a small company) in 2020, as well as recognized specifically for being one of the best workplaces nationally for: inclusion; mental wellness; giving back; youth; and technology. We were also recognized as one of the best start-ups to work for across Canada.
- For our innovative business model, we have been featured in numerous media outlets including: Asian Pacific Post; BetaKit; Bloomberg; CBC; Global News; Gothamist; International Business Times; MIT Technology Review; Nearshore Americas; Nikkei Asian Review; NPR; The Economic Times of India; The Financial Times; The Globe and Mail; The Information; The New York Times; and The Washington Post.
- Harvard Business School published a case study on MobSquad last fall, and Harvard Business Review featured us multiple times in an article that appeared on the cover of their November/December 2020 edition.
- You can learn more about us on our website.
ABOUT THE ROLE
In this role, you will be a Senior Front-End Engineer (with full-stack capabilities), in Canada, working with one of our high growth, exciting US-based scale-ups. You will be expected to work with external partners to implement requirements, as well as work with our client's own engineering team to improve APIs and the platform. Your team will operate alongside many other talented developers and data scientists in Canada, and you will be an integral part of the tech community that MobSquad has built.
This role requires someone who has demonstrated an ability to develop code into user-friendly software. The ideal candidate is able to work across the full development lifecycle: from concept to design; from test to release; from support to maintenance. The candidate has experience gathering requirements from a broader team and translating team input into a fully-functioning application. They are strong at working with a team of developers to create and maintain high-quality software.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a comparable field from an accredited institution
- You have over five years of general experience in software development across multiple languages and frameworks
- You have experience with tools including Grunt, Gulp, and/or Webpack
- You have experience working with React, web components, and functional interfaces
- You have experience with back-end development including the use of Node.js and GraphQL (Apollo)
- You have experience working with RESTful APIs to connect to back-end services
- You have experience with SQL and NoSQL (MongoDB) databases
- You have knowledge of Software Design principles and various architectural patterns
- You have demonstrated the ability to develop high-quality code adhering to industry best practices (i.e., code review, unit tests, revision control)
- You have a work history reflective of a self-motivated professional who excels when given open-ended problems and broadly defined goals, having an innate desire to leverage their skills in a way that provides business value
- You are a self-starter, a quick learner, and are adept at turning high-level guidance into action-oriented plans
- You are detail-oriented, and have fantastic organizational skills
WHAT YOU'LL GET @MOBSQUAD
- A full-time position that offers competitive compensation
- A benefits program delivered through our bespoke digital platform, giving you control, choice, and flexibility. We give you the ability to build your package of benefits covering health (e.g., medical, dental, vision), wellness (e.g., gym, workout gear, massage, transit), and RRSP (retirement savings)
- A downtown office location with first-rate amenities, surrounded by great restaurants and easily-accessible transit
- For international candidates, sponsorship for an immediate work permit, expedited permanent residency, and Canadian citizenship within four years
At MobSquad, we support and encourage building a work environment that is diverse, inclusive, and safe for all. We invite and welcome applicants of all backgrounds, regardless of race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability.