Embedded Software Engineer
We are a well-funded, hyper-growth, scale-up looking for an Embedded Software Engineer. If you’ve ever dreamed of working with a top tier technology company scale-up, on leading edge technologies, backed by the very best venture capitalists in the world, then this is your chance.
Some details about MobSquad:
- MobSquad solves the significant and growing technology talent shortage faced by US-based start-ups and scale-ups by enabling its clients to quickly have a turnkey "virtual" Canadian subsidiary. MobSquad ensures technology professionals with US work visa challenges remain working with their current company, but nearshore from Canada. This is accomplished via MobSquad's unique partnership with the Canadian Government, enabling work visas to be issued for technology professionals and their respective families within four to six weeks, and Canadian permanent residency within six to eight months. Additionally, MobSquad has unfettered access to top-tier global technology talent which it relocates to Canada and pairs with American as well as Canadian clients on an exclusive, long-term basis, helping firms not only retain their existing world-class technology talent base, but grow it substantially.
- We’re a Certified B corporation, and have made numerous contributions to charitable organizations, as well as a financial commitment to the Upside Foundation. We believe we are playing a key role in enhancing Canada’s innovation economy, and have received financial support from the Government of Canada, Province of Alberta, Province of Nova Scotia, and City of Calgary, to support this ambition.
- For our workplace culture, we were recognized as the 3rd best place to work in Canada (for a small company) in 2020, as well as recognized specifically for being one of the best workplaces nationally for: inclusion; mental wellness; giving back; youth; and technology. We were also recognized as one of the best start-ups to work for across Canada.
- For our innovative business model, we have been featured in numerous media outlets including: Asian Pacific Post; BetaKit; Bloomberg; CBC; Global News; Gothamist; International Business Times; MIT Technology Review; Nearshore Americas; Nikkei Asian Review; NPR; The Economic Times of India; The Financial Times; The Globe and Mail; The Information; The New York Times; and The Washington Post.
- Harvard Business School published a case study on MobSquad last fall, and Harvard Business Review featured us multiple times in an article that appeared on the cover of their November/December 2020 edition.
- You can learn more about us on our website.
ABOUT THE ROLE
You will be part of a Canada-based team working remotely with a leading US start-up that is developing advanced robotics to change the way energy is delivered into electric vehicles. Your team will operate alongside many other talented developers and data scientists in Canada, and you will be an integral part of the tech community that MobSquad has built.
This role requires a developer who possesses strong knowledge in computer architecture and operating systems, as well as building and debugging embedded systems.
- You have a bachelor's and/or master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a comparable field from an accredited institution
- You have over three years of industry experience in embedded software development and real-time operating system development
- You have strong experience with C/C++
- You have experience with industry standard communication protocols such as SPI, I2C, CAN, UART
- You have experience developing firmware for CAN communication
- You have experience developing software across Linux and other bare-metal and RTOS-based microcontrollers
- You are a self-starter, a quick learner, and are adept at turning high-level guidance into action-oriented plans
- You are detail-oriented, and have fantastic organizational skills
- You are incredibly hard-working and are excited to work with and learn from our strong team. You are not afraid to be pushed and know you can keep up
WHAT YOU'LL GET @MOBSQUAD
- A full-time position that offers competitive compensation
- A benefits program delivered through our bespoke digital platform, giving you control, choice, and flexibility. We give you the ability to build your package of benefits covering health (e.g., medical, dental, vision), wellness (e.g., gym, workout gear, massage, transit), and RRSP (retirement savings)
- A downtown office location with first-rate amenities, surrounded by great restaurants and easily-accessible transit
- For international candidates, sponsorship for an immediate work permit, expedited permanent residency, and Canadian citizenship within four years
At MobSquad, we support and encourage building a work environment that is diverse, inclusive, and safe for all. We invite and welcome applicants of all backgrounds, regardless of race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability.