Senior Technical Talent Analyst
Note: completing the video session and code test are not requirements for this position.
MobSquad is a well-funded, hyper-growth scale-up looking for a Senior Technical Talent Analyst to join our dynamic team. If you’ve ever dreamed of working with a fast-moving, top-tier scale-up, then this is your chance.
Some details about our business:
- MobSquad solves the significant and growing technology talent shortage faced by start-ups and scale-ups by enabling its clients to quickly have a turnkey "virtual" Canadian subsidiary. MobSquad ensures technology professionals with US work visa challenges remain supporting their current company, nearshore from Canada. This is accomplished through MobSquad's unique partnership with the Canadian Government, enabling work visas to be issued for technology professionals and their families within six weeks, and Canadian permanent residency within 12 months. Additionally, MobSquad has unfettered access to top-tier global technology talent, which it relocates to Canada and pairs with US as well as Canadian clients on an exclusive, long-term basis, helping firms not only retain their existing world-class technology talent base, but grow it substantially.
- We’re a Certified B Corporation, and have made numerous contributions to charitable organizations, as well as a financial commitment to the Upside Foundation. We believe we are playing a key role in enhancing Canada’s innovation economy, and have received financial support from the Government of Canada, Province of Alberta, Province of Nova Scotia, and City of Calgary, to support this ambition
- For our workplace culture, we are proud to have been consistently recognized as one of the Best Workplaces in Canada by Great Place To Work, as well as recognized specifically for being one of the best workplaces nationally for: inclusion; mental wellness; giving back; youth; and technology. We were also recognized as one of Canada’s Best Start-Up Employers by Forbes
- As a result of our innovative business model, we have been featured in numerous media outlets including: The Washington Post; The Wall Street Journal; The New York Times; NPR; The Economist; Bloomberg BNN; Harvard Business Review; CBC; Global News; International Business Times; MIT Technology Review; The Financial Times; The Globe and Mail; and The Information
- Harvard Business School published a case study on MobSquad, and Harvard Business Review featured us in a cover article
- You can learn more about us on our website: mobsquad.io
About the Role
Joining MobSquad as a Senior Technical Talent Analyst means that you are excited to do whatever it takes to move the needle in our fast-paced world. You will be responsible for managing a broad scope of technical talent needs, including sourcing and recruiting candidates, working directly with clients, and supporting our existing technology talent. You will manage relationships between clients and highly skilled technology professionals from around the world. You will be responsible for assisting with all aspects of the recruiting process for technology talent and clients.
Beyond your direct work in technical recruiting and candidate placements, you will be a core member of our management team, where you will have the opportunity to work across all areas of the business, including business development and sales, growth, community engagement, and operations. You will provide analysis and support across the full team, learn the business from the ground up, and work directly with senior leadership to set and achieve our business goals.
Your responsibilities are cross-functional, while also owning key elements of MobSquad’s talent function:
- Manage and execute MobSquad’s technology talent recruiting processes, including managing inbound inquiries from technology professionals, having calls with prospective candidates, as well as conducting candidate screening and evaluation
- Work directly with clients to determine their immediate and long-term technology talent needs, and lead efforts to find the world’s best candidates to meet these needs
- Recruit, screen, and interview candidates for senior technology roles, and provide thoughtful feedback and recommendations to both candidates and clients
- Lead the process of ensuring technology professionals are always supporting clients and delivering the highest quality of work
- Work collaboratively with Partnerships, Marketing, and Growth leadership to execute various campaigns and strategic initiatives
- Become a champion of your local office culture by delivering on our community mandate for employees, helping them successfully settle into Canada
- You have a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Business, Humanities, Science/Computer Science or a related field
- You have at least three years of experience in a technology or IT-related industry, contributing in growth areas, such as technical recruiting, talent development and management, client management, and/or business development
- You are motivated by our mission to help highly-skilled technology talent create a better life in Canada, and are excited to be the “face” of our value proposition for thousands of candidates
- You have strong technical expertise, an ability to understand and explain job requirements for highly technical roles to clients, and the ability to work directly with technology professionals on their resumes, cover letters, and interview preparation
- You have experience working with industry-standard recruiting tools, technologies, and software including Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS), LinkedIn Recruiter, CRMs, and are familiar with popular talent assessment tools
- You are detail-oriented, have strong analytical skills, and use data and metrics to help form recommendations and make decisions
- You are exceptionally good with people and have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- You possess an owner’s mindset and are excited and proud to share your individual contributions
- You are a self-starter, a quick learner, and love bringing new ideas to the table
- You can organize and prioritize tasks efficiently in the face of competing priorities
- You possess a strong work ethic and are excited to work with and learn from our strong team
- You are resourceful and can work well independently, but also seamlessly as part of a larger team
- You enjoy learning all aspects of a business and are willing to jump in and support wherever is needed, regardless of the task
- You believe in our values of working with integrity to achieve the highest standard of work, removing conscious and unconscious biases to ensure diversity thrives, and actively investing our time and resources into the community to make a meaningful impact
- You are excited to come into the office regularly
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a fast-growth company, where you will play a key role in its growth and success. This is a high-exposure opportunity in a fun, fast-paced, and rewarding environment.
To apply, please complete the application form below and submit a short cover letter and your most recent resume addressed to Graeme Nixon, Head of Strategy and Growth.
At MobSquad, we support and encourage building a work environment that is diverse, inclusive, and safe for all. We invite and welcome applicants of all backgrounds, regardless of race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability.