Director of Product
Remote · Canada
Posted on Friday, July 21, 2023
o·da·ia | \ 'oh-day-yeah
An Ancient Greek word referring to “tools of the trade.”
Learn more about our company here.
You can also find more information about the company and our products at odaia.ai.
ODAIA is a remote-first organization, with a hub located downtown Toronto. All our positions are WFH with frequent company and team-based socials, events and meetings in-person and virtually.
Reducing patients’ time to therapy by facilitating meaningful interactions with healthcare providers, through human-centric software powered by AI.
ODAIA helps pharma sales and marketing teams by using AI to understand and predict customer behaviour. Our enterprise SaaS platform MAPTUAL serves some of the most recognized Fortune 500 life sciences companies. By incorporating data and AI predictions in powerful ways, MAPTUAL’s users understand their customers (healthcare professionals, patients) on a deeper level and cater to their health needs more effectively.
ODAIAns (what we call ourselves) are inspired to reinvent the future of how non-technical people leverage data in their day-to-day lives. We are passionate about solving complex problems in data, AI, engineering, design, and product, so our customers don’t have to. We live by the notion that “simplicity is the ultimate sophistication;” and making simplicity scalable is an even bigger challenge. That’s why we have a crazy talented team led by serial entrepreneurs, tech veterans, and life sciences experts.
We’re also on a mission to build an innovative, diverse, and ego-free business, with an awesome company culture based on our values: agility, passion, ownership, trust and respect, and diversity, equity and inclusion. You’re on a mission too? We’re here for it. We put an emphasis on career development for our employees, the opportunities to grow are extensive.
WHAT’S ON OFFER
Are you a visionary and an accomplished Product leader, with a track record of success that thrives in a start-up culture? Are you a strategic thinker with strong customer-facing skills and a passion for building disruptive products?
Reporting to the Chief Product Officer the Director of Product, will work with the team to deliver reimagined, innovative and dynamic data-driven solutions to organizations in the Pharma and Life Sciences industry, through our MAPTUAL Platform.
The MAPTUAL Platform transforms complex data analysis into simple, actionable, and explainable recommendations. It combines AI and engineering capabilities, designed in scalable, microservice-driven architecture, built completely on AWS. MAPTUAL utilizes a range of capabilities, including standalone applications via RESTful APIs and the ability to integrate into industry leading platforms such as Veeva and Salesforce. MAPTUAL delivers dynamic predictive insights, actual value based segmentation and opportunistic next steps. Identifying a list of the most valuable customers, then curating when and how to get in touch.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- In this pivotal role, you will have the opportunity to lead the Product management team, driving the development of innovative solutions for Pharma Commercial teams and shaping the future of our product offerings. You will work closely with cross-functional teams to develop cutting-edge AI-powered solutions that leverage AI and machine learning technologies. Your expertise and strategic thinking will be instrumental in transforming the way Pharma commercial teams utilize data and gain insights.
- Drive the overall product strategy and roadmap, ensuring alignment with our mission and the Product vision
- Serve as a mentor and leader within the product management team, fostering a culture of innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning
- Lead the product team to a highlight coherent product where the product should be greater than the sum of its features. Motivate and empower the product team in building the best product in their lives, and under the constraints of a fast moving startup
- Ensure platform offerings serve application consumers through scalable APIs, optimal system designs, requirements, quality checks, and documentation
- Understand how different problems fit together, distill down to simple and robust core mechanics and orchestrate solutions that elegantly address a range of seemingly sophisticated requirements
- Collaborate with a diverse team of engineers, data scientists, commercial teams and industry experts to define product requirements and specifications, understand customer needs and identify opportunities for new features and product improvements
- Translate complex business problems into effective technical solutions, leveraging your strong understanding of AI and ML concepts
- Lead the productization process, ensuring scalability, usability, and a truly data-driven approach
- Understand market trends, competition and emerging technologies to drive continuous innovation
- Identify and prioritize product features and enhancements based on thorough market research and customer feedback
- Act as a product evangelist, both internally and externally, communicating the value of our unique product offerings
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Proven track record of successfully scaling and leading a high caliber Product Management team to execute technical product management functions, building successful products in both large and small tech / SaaS companies
- Extensive practical experience in technical product management with a proven ability to build scalable platforms and productize AI/ML technologies
- The ability to holistically address customer pain points to reinvent and significantly improve the way a business operates
- Strong technical background, experience building scalable systems and platforms from the ground up, with experience in productizing AI, ML, or data analytics
- Demonstrated ability to understand complex business problems and translate them into scalable technical solutions
- Understands technical aspects of building and execution and applies true Agile methodology to get things done
- Deep knowledge and understanding of the Pharma industry, particularly in the US Commercial Life Sciences sector and has worked with various types of data (RX, patient data, etc.) used by Pharma Commercial teams including sales representatives, sales management, marketing teams, etc.
- Understanding the competitive landscape and market dynamics
- Exceptional analytical skills and a data-driven mindset, with a passion for leveraging data to drive product decision-making
- Experience working in a fast-paced technology / SaaS startup environment and / or with BI / Analytics platforms (Salesforce, Power BI, Mixpanel, Amplitude, Qualtrics, etc.)
- Leads by example and act as a hand on individual contributor then the team needs support
- Experience executing key metrics, practicing quantitative and qualitative goal setting and decision making
- Understand what it takes to achieve the Product vision, leading the team to build products that are truly data driven and focus on usability and scalability
- Excellent coach, mentor and team leader
- Excellent communication, and experience directly communicating with customers
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, or similar related knowledge and experience
If you are an ambitious, forward-thinking Product leader that’s ready for a new challenge, let’s talk about how in joining our team you can contribute to making a lasting impact in the Pharma and Life Sciences industry through groundbreaking AI-powered analytics.
If you think you may be overqualified, or underqualified, don’t worry - we’d love to see your resume anyway! Our team is growing and we are looking for individuals that have what it takes to help us succeed. We will consider job title adjustments better suit your current level of experience.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A fast-paced, highly productive, driven, startup culture that values agility, passion, ownership, trust, respect, diversity and inclusion
- A collaborative and supportive work environment where your ideas will be valued and your skills will be honed
- Career development, tremendous growth and unique learning opportunities with a large amount of ownership and autonomy for managing things directly
- An inclusive environment, we are an equal opportunities employer and we operate with an anti-oppression mindset
- Top-notch health benefits for medical, dental, vision care, mental health, prescription drug coverage, travel insurance and alternative treatments such as acupuncture and chiropractic services
- Flexible working hours and an open and flexible vacation policy; we focus on what we achieve and not the number of hours we clock
- Competitive compensation, including stock option grants and a generous home office allowance
We are a fully remote company with a hub located downtown Toronto. We have frequent virtual and in-person collaborative work sessions and socials. We leverage many synchronous and asynchronous communication tools.
Any conditional offer of employment made to a successful candidate will be subject to the full satisfaction with the results of any background and reference checks.
ACCOMMODATIONS AND ACCESSIBILITY
Accommodations are available on request for candidates with disabilities taking part in all aspects of our hiring process. For more on this, you can inquire about accommodations if you're invited to an interview.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION
As an equal opportunity employer, ODAIA is committed to creating an environment that respects diversity, equity and inclusion. ODAIA does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
At ODAIA, we are committed to building an environment where everyone feels included, valued, and heard. We are committed to creating a diverse workplace, and are an equal opportunity employer who does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous Peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.