Junior Software Engineer
Posted on Monday, January 16, 2023
Cupertino, California /
Software Engineering /
Full Time - Remote
Founded in 2020 by former members of the Essential Products team in Silicon Valley, OSOM is a hardware/software technology start-up that prioritizes privacy. OSOM (pronounced awe-some) stands for “Out of Sight, Out of Mind.” As our mission states, we are creating products that give people access to the world without giving the world access to them. We are excited to introduce a future where our users decide how and when to share their personal information.
At OSOM, we believe privacy is a right, not a luxury or a privilege. We want to enable every individual to own their privacy. We are looking for passionate people to help us build this future.
We are looking for a Junior Software Engineer to design, develop, and test OSOM software.
What You’ll Do:
- Implement nice-to-have P1/P2 features
- Implement new user-facing and custom features with support from Senior and Lead Engineers
- Research leading and future technologies to integrate into OSOM’s product roadmap
What We’re Looking For:
- 1-2 years of professional software development or relevant project or design experience
- US applicants must be authorized to work in the US.
How You’ll Stand Out:
- Require little direction to complete tasks
- Be creative, proactive, informed, data-driven, and resourceful
- Proven track record of completing projects and tasks, with supporting metrics
- The US base salary range for this full-time position is $70,000-$110,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Perks You’ll Receive:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Maternity, Paternity, & Adoption Leave
- Flexible Paid Time Off & Holidays Including a Winter Shutdown
- Work-from-Home Stipend
At OSOM, we are committed to providing an environment fundamentally built on mutual respect; where employment opportunities are available to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, nationality, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military service and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. OSOM believes that diversity and inclusion among our team is critical to our success as a company.
OSOM is requiring all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19 unless the employee has a medical or religious reason not to be vaccinated.
If you need any accommodations or assistance with applying for a position, please email us at email@example.com.
Read more about OSOM here:
Android Bytes, 7/11/22: How to build an Android phone (with GMS): "The OSOM Effort Behind Building an Android Phone (Feat. Jason Keats)"
TechCrunch, 7/7/22: Why OSOM went web3: The smartphone startup's CEO discusses the company's Solana partnership