Posted on Monday, January 16, 2023
Cupertino, California /
Software Engineering /
Full Time - Remote
Founded in 2020 by former members of the Essential Products team in Silicon Valley, OSOM is a hardware/software technology start-up that prioritizes privacy. OSOM (pronounced awe-some) stands for “Out of Sight, Out of Mind.” As our mission states, we are creating products that give people access to the world without giving the world access to them. We are excited to introduce a future where our users decide how and when to share their personal information.
At OSOM, we believe privacy is a right, not a luxury or a privilege. We want to enable every individual to own their privacy. We are looking for passionate people to help us build this future.
We are looking for a strong modem engineer to develop our cellular communication stack. You will work closely with the hardware engineering team to bring-up new platform designs. You will be responsible for ensuring the stability and robustness of modem through mass production and launch. You will work effectively with a variety of partner engineering teams.
What You’ll Do:
- Owning the development of all cellular related items
- Following development process with 3rd parties and approving milestones
What We’re Looking For:
- Qualcomm-based modem development
- Android RIL development
- eSIM knowledge
- International remote work possible
- US applicants must be authorized to work in the US
How You’ll Stand Out:
- 5G development on Qualcomm modem
- SIP integration in IMS stack
- IMS stack development
- Carrier specific development
- Secure-element and eSIM experience
- The US base salary range for this full-time position is $150,000-$225,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Perks You’ll Receive:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Maternity, Paternity & Adoption Leave
- Flexible Paid Time Off & Holidays Including a Winter Shut Down
- Work from Home Stipend
At OSOM, we are committed to providing an environment fundamentally built on mutual respect; where employment opportunities are available to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, nationality, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military service and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. OSOM believes that diversity and inclusion among our team is critical to our success as a company.
OSOM is requiring all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19 unless the employee has a medical or religious reason not to be vaccinated.
If you need any accommodations or assistance with applying for a position, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read more about OSOM here:
Android Bytes, 7/11/22: How to build an Android phone (with GMS): "The OSOM Effort Behind Building an Android Phone (Feat. Jason Keats)"
TechCrunch, 7/7/22: Why OSOM went web3: The smartphone startup's CEO discusses the company's Solana partnership