Program Manager - Software
Posted on Monday, January 16, 2023
Program Manager - Software
Cupertino, California /
Software Engineering /
Founded in 2020 by former members of the Essential Products team in Silicon Valley, OSOM is a hardware/software technology start-up that prioritizes privacy. OSOM (pronounced awe-some) stands for “Out of Sight, Out of Mind.” As our mission states, we are creating products that give people access to the world without giving the world access to them. We are excited to introduce a future where our users decide how and when to share their personal information.
At OSOM, we believe privacy is a right, not a luxury or a privilege. We want to enable every individual to own their privacy. We are looking for passionate people to help us build this future.
As a Software Program Manager at OSOM, you will lead complex multi-disciplinary engineering projects using your engineering expertise. You plan requirements with internal customers and usher software projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks, and clearly communicating them to project stakeholders. You're equally at home explaining your team's analyses and recommendations to executives as you are discussing the technical trade-offs in product development with engineers.
Within the OSOM Software team, you will own and drive release schedules in our fast-paced environment, working closely with software engineers, UX, QA, and product managers to get high-quality software applications and new features built, tested, and released on time. You will coordinate lots of fast-changing moving parts in an Agile environment. You'll need excellent communication skills to be the go-to person for questions about release schedules, quality, and progress updates. You will be responsible for communicating and mitigating risks, making sound judgments about quality, and maintaining strong relationships across the organization.
The OSOM Software team strives to bring our customers a premier first-party app experience forging new markets for digital content, creating immersive and portable products, or managing relationships with a global community of developers. You will be the champion driving OSOM apps and services to market with the highest quality.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage technical software projects or programs, working closely with OSOM engineers and technical staff to develop and track release milestones, schedules, and cross-functional dependencies.
- Partnering with Product, UX, and QA to develop software roadmap and schedules with well-defined milestones.
- Identify project dependencies, risks, and drive mitigation plans with internal teams.
- Manage communication of progress/status across the organization; escalate issues as necessary.
- Assess the quality of releases through monitoring of incoming bugs and code changes to identify quality issues and trends.
- Establish and grow crucial relationships within horizontal and vertical teams necessary to drive product delivery.
- Develop tools and processes to improve software engineering productivity.
What We’re Looking For:
- BA/BS degree in computer science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience as a program manager in an iterative software development environment.
- 2 years of experience in a software-applications-relevant technical domain with experience with a platform like Android/iOS/Mac/Windows/FireOS/Tizen and/or camera ecosystems.
- Self-starter who is comfortable working in a start-up environment and navigating ambiguity and the challenges that come with it.
- Proficiency developing/driving scalable program management methodologies to fit the growing needs of the team.
- Experience driving Scrum and Agile development methodologies.
How You’ll Stand Out:
- Master's degree in a technical field or Program Management certification (PMI-ACP, PMP, etc).
- 7 years of relevant work experience, including 4 years of mobile industry experience, or camera systems.
- Proficiency with Trello and Confluence or Jira.
- First-hand experience delivering consumer electronics.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills. Able to understand what it takes to write code and have exposure to large-scale systems.
- Adept at leading teams of highly talented, independent individuals with a track record of quickly earning credibility in learning new systems and adding immediate value.
- Expert at the practical application of the “right" program management principles and tools in a rapidly changing environment.
- Deep technical knowledge of the OS platforms and/or camera ecosystems.
- The US base salary range for this full-time position is $150,000-$200,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Perks You’ll Receive:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Maternity, Paternity, & Adoption Leave
- Flexible Paid Time Off & Holidays Including a Winter Shutdown
- Work-from-Home Stipend
At OSOM, we are committed to providing an environment fundamentally built on mutual respect; where employment opportunities are available to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, nationality, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military service and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. OSOM believes that diversity and inclusion among our team is critical to our success as a company.
OSOM is requiring all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19 unless the employee has a medical or religious reason not to be vaccinated.
If you need any accommodations or assistance with applying for a position, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read more about OSOM here:
Android Bytes, 7/11/22: How to build an Android phone (with GMS): "The OSOM Effort Behind Building an Android Phone (Feat. Jason Keats)"
TechCrunch, 7/7/22: Why OSOM went web3: The smartphone startup's CEO discusses the company's Solana partnership