Clinical Services Manager
PurposeMed was founded in 2019 with the mission of improving access to complex care for underserved communities. We’ve grown to over 200 team members, serving hundreds of patients each month, and are continuing to grow rapidly.
PurposeMed consists of three complex care business units; Freddie, Frida, Foria, and partners with Affirming Care Pharmacy. Freddie is focused on improving sexual health through education, prevention and treatment with a focus on the LGBTQ2S+ community—we’re now the largest HIV prevention service in Canada! Our second vertical, Frida, is focused on improving mental health and happiness through education, diagnosis and treatment. Frida is changing the lives of patients with easier access to adult ADHD diagnosis, and fast and affordable treatment. Foria was recently launched in 2023 and is a virtual clinic providing trans, non-binary, and gender-diverse Canadians with gender-affirming healthcare. Affirming Care Pharmacy is a specialty pharmacy with locations in Calgary, Alberta and Mississauga, Ontario. This partnership provides our patients with an end-to-end healthcare experience, from treatment, to prescription delivery, to continuous affirming care.
We are a C100 Fellow, a member of the Lazaridis Institute, and a certified Great Place to Work® (92% of our employees agree)! Our culture is highly mission-driven; our team is passionate about bringing healthcare to those who need it most. Best of all—we have fun doing it.
Who we hope to find:
As a Clinical Services Manager at PurposeMed, you will be responsible for overseeing the people management of a team of Registered Nurses (RNs) and Nurse Practitioners (NPs) who provide remote healthcare services to our patients. You will play a crucial role in ensuring the smooth operations of the virtual care clinic, managing and supporting the clinical staff, and fostering a positive and collaborative work environment. This position requires strong leadership skills, healthcare expertise, and the ability to effectively manage a large, remote team.
Though we have an office based in Calgary, this is a remote position that is open to candidates across Canada.
In this role, you’ll make an impact in these key areas:
- Team Leadership:
- Provide guidance, mentorship, and support to a team of Registered Nurses and Nurse Practitioners
- Foster a positive and collaborative work environment that promotes professional growth and development
- Set clear expectations, assign tasks, and manage workloads to ensure optimal productivity and efficiency
- Conduct regular performance evaluations, provide feedback, and implement performance improvement plans when necessary
- Facilitate regular team meetings to discuss goals, address concerns, and promote effective communication and collaboration
- Operational Management:
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the virtual care clinic including independent contractors and employees, ensuring adherence to established protocols, procedures and operational costs
- Collaborate with other departmental managers to optimize workflows, streamline processes, and improve patient outcomes
- Monitor and analyze key performance indicators (KPIs) to assess team and individual performance, identify areas for improvement, and implement corrective actions as needed
- Coordinate and manage scheduling, ensuring adequate coverage to meet patient needs while optimizing staffing resources
- Quality Improvement:
- Ensure that all virtual care services provided by the team comply with relevant healthcare regulations, standards, and best practices
- Assist the clinical leadership team in conducting regular audits and reviews to assess the quality of care delivered by the team and identify opportunities for improvement
- Implement quality improvement initiatives and provide ongoing education and training to the team to enhance clinical skills and knowledge
- Collaboration and Communication:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including medical directors, growth/marketing teams, patient support, and additional groups, to ensure seamless coordination and delivery of virtual care services
- Demonstrate and help bring change management
- Liaise between the clinical team and upper management, providing regular updates on team performance, challenges, and opportunities
- Foster open and effective communication channels within the team and encourage feedback and suggestions for process improvement
We need someone who has:
- 3+ years of experience in people management, preferably in a healthcare setting
- Experience in developing and tracking performance metrics
- Familiarity with a remote work environment
- Strong leadership and team management skills, with the ability to motivate and inspire others
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with diverse stakeholders
- Strong problem-solving abilities and the capacity to make sound decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with healthcare regulations, compliance, and quality assurance standards
It would also be great if you have:
- A Bachelor's degree in Nursing or a related healthcare field with additional education in leadership and/or administration
- Valid and current license as a regulated healthcare professional [e.g. Registered Nurse (RN), Nurse Practitioner (NP), Physiotherapist (RPT)]
- Experience in a healthtech environment
Do you think you could be our next Clinical Services Manager? We look forward to seeing your application!
Why you should join us:
- Be part of a team of great people who don’t take themselves too seriously. While we’re serious about the problems we solve, we believe in having fun along the way.
- Make an impact, every single day. We’re providing compassionate, affirming care to many people who have never received care for their condition.
- Receive great benefits from your first day of work. We offer plenty of paid time off, a parental leave top-up program, group benefits, learning stipends and other perks.
- Work flexibly, from anywhere across Canada.* We believe that work should fit around your life. We also have an office in Calgary available for anyone in the area!
- Be confident in bringing your whole self to work. Inclusivity is core to how we take care of our patients, our teammates and ourselves. We create spaces that are safe and affirming.
If you are looking for a place that sparks your creativity, helps others, and will push you to be your best, then you’ll love PurposeMed.
*Most of our roles are performed virtually from home (in a distributed team environment) across Canada. Team members who are in “onsite” roles at Affirming Care need to be physically present at our pharmacies.
PurposeMed is committed to being an equal opportunity employer, so we highly encourage those from excluded and marginalized communities to apply. This includes groups such as (but not limited to): Indigenous, Black, and racialized communities, trans and non-binary, LGBTQIA2S+, disabled, and HIV-positive people. You don’t have to check every single box above. If the job description gets you excited and you think you could contribute your expertise to our team—we hope you’ll apply!