Performance Marketing Manager
PurposeMed was founded in 2019 with a mission to improve access to complex care for underserved communities. We’ve grown quickly in our first few years, and now our exceptional team serves hundreds of patients each month across our multiple verticals.
PurposeMed consists of three complex care business units; Freddie, Frida, Foria, and partners with Affirming Care Pharmacy. Freddie is focused on improving sexual health through education, prevention and treatment with a focus on the LGBTQ2S+ community—we’re now the largest HIV prevention service in Canada! Our second vertical, Frida, is focused on improving mental health and happiness through education, diagnosis and treatment. Frida is changing the lives of patients with easier access to adult ADHD diagnosis, and fast and affordable treatment. Foria was recently launched in 2023 and is a virtual clinic providing trans, non-binary, and gender-diverse Canadians with gender-affirming healthcare. Affirming Care Pharmacy is a specialty pharmacy with locations in Calgary, Alberta and Mississauga, Ontario. This partnership provides our patients with an end-to-end healthcare experience, from treatment, to prescription delivery, to continuous affirming care.
We are one of LinkedIn’s top 15 startups in Canada, a C100 Fellow, a member of the Lazaridis Institute, and a certified Great Place to Work® (92% of our employees agree)! Our culture is highly mission-driven; our team is passionate about bringing healthcare to those who need it most. Best of all—we have fun doing it.
Permanent, full-time opportunity
Location - Remote (USA)
Though we have an office based in Calgary, this is a remote position that is open to candidates across Canada and the USA. PurposeMed's office is located on the unceded and traditional territories of the peoples of the Treaty 7 region in Southern Alberta, which includes the Blackfoot First Nation tribes of Siksika, the Piikuni, the Kainai, the Stoney Nakoda First Nations tribes of Chiniki, Bearspaw, and Wesley and the Tsuut’ina First Nation. The city of Calgary is also homeland to the historic Northwest Métis and to Métis Nation of Alberta, Region 3.
Who we hope to find:
PurposeMed is looking for a Performance Marketing Manager who can lead the exciting opportunity of launching our acquisition engine for Freddie’s venture into the United States. Reporting into the Director of Growth, your goal will be to launch and scale our performance marketing for Freddie USA and work closely with our US General Manager to achieve acquisition targets for 2024. This an exciting opportunity for someone looking to own acquisition end-to-end including strategy, forecasting, budget management, and channel deployment and optimizations from the ground-up.
In this role, you’ll make an impact by:
- Leading the strategy, execution and analysis of Freddie USA channels, driving recommendations and reporting results in weekly meetings and written reports
- Owning ad channels such as Meta, Google, TikTok, dating app ads, and potentially other experimental ad channels involving day-to-day management of the ad accounts and overseeing content creation for them
- Forecasting performance marketing on a quarterly, monthly and weekly basis, setting ambitious goals and building recommendations to support budget requests.
- Maintaining a calendar of experiments and executing them across targeting, objectives, creative, copy, targeting, landing pages and other new strategies
- Monitoring campaigns daily to optimize performance, manage budget pacing, and resolve any issues, all to constantly improve efficiency and meet targets
- Managing the relationships with our external Account Managers for each ad platform, including evaluating recommendations, considering beta/test opportunities, and negotiating ad buys for dating apps
- Developing briefs for creative team/freelancers based on data-driven insights and coordinating deliverables with them
- Collaborating with Brand team members on delivery of influencer content for paid acquisition including providing data insights to constantly improve content
We need someone who has:
- 4+ years experience working in Performance Marketing and can manage multiple ad accounts with confidence
- Experience working with Google Ads Manager, Meta Ads Manager, TikTok Ads Manager, and learning new ad platforms
- Experience collaborating successfully with multi-functional teams like product, engineering, lifecycle, brand, data, etc.
- A proven ability to drive growth and hit aggressive revenue and efficiency targets
- Strong data analysis skills and experience with Google Analytics (GA4)
- An experimentation mindset and familiarity with A/B testing
- Excellent written and verbal communication, with the ability to tell a story with results and tailor your message to stakeholders with different levels of technical knowledge
- Comfort in a fast-paced startup environment, with the ability to pivot and adapt quickly when necessary
- A desire to stay ahead of trends and changes in the performance marketing industry
- A "driver" personality - biased toward action, pushes for clarity and delivering results, never hesitant to roll up your sleeves and address something hands-on, perseveres in times of headwinds and failures
- A passion for healthcare and supporting underserved communities including the LGBTQ2S+ community
- Experience working at a fast-paced, high-performing startup
It would also be great if you had:
- Experience running successful direct-to-consumer performance marketing campaigns in the US
- Experience working with influencers/content creators for conversion-focused campaigns
- Knowledge of SQL
Do you think you could be our first Performance Marketing Manager for Freddie USA? We look forward to seeing your application!
Why you should join us:
- Be part of a team of great people who don’t take themselves too seriously. While we’re serious about the problems we solve, we believe in having fun along the way.
- Make an impact, every single day. We’re providing compassionate, affirming care to many people who have never received care for their condition.
- Receive great benefits from your first day of work. We offer plenty of paid time off, a parental leave top-up program, group benefits, learning stipends and other perks.
- Work flexibly, from anywhere across Canada.* We believe that work should fit around your life. We also have an office in Calgary available for anyone in the area!
- Be confident in bringing your whole self to work. Inclusivity is core to how we take care of our patients, our teammates and ourselves. We create spaces that are safe and affirming.
If you are looking for a place that sparks your creativity, helps others, and will push you to be your best, then you’ll love PurposeMed.
*Most of our roles are performed virtually from home (in a distributed team environment) across Canada. Team members who are in “onsite” roles at Affirming Care need to be physically present at our pharmacies.
PurposeMed is committed to being an equal opportunity employer, so we highly encourage those from excluded and marginalized communities to apply. This includes groups such as (but not limited to): Indigenous, Black, and racialized communities, trans and non-binary, LGBTQIA2S+, disabled, and HIV-positive people. You don’t have to check every single box above. If the job description gets you excited and you think you could contribute your expertise to our team—we hope you’ll apply!