PurposeMed was founded in 2019 with the mission of improving access to complex care for underserved communities. We’ve grown quickly in our first few years, and now our exceptional team serves thousands of patients each month across our multiple verticals.
PurposeMed consists of three complex care business units: Freddie, Frida, and Foria, and partners with Affirming Care Pharmacy. Freddie is focused on improving sexual health through education, prevention, and treatment with a focus on the LGBTQ2S+ community—we’re now the largest HIV prevention service in Canada! Our second vertical, Frida, is focused on improving mental health and happiness through education, diagnosis, and treatment. Frida is changing the lives of patients with easier access to adult ADHD diagnosis, and fast and affordable treatment. Foria was recently launched in 2023 and is a virtual clinic providing trans, non-binary, and gender-diverse Canadians with gender-affirming healthcare. Affirming Care Pharmacy is a specialty pharmacy with locations in Calgary, Alberta, and Mississauga, Ontario. This partnership provides our patients with an end-to-end healthcare experience, from treatment, to prescription delivery, to continuous affirming care.
We’re one of LinkedIn’s top 15 startups in Canada, the #2 Company-to-Watch in Deloitte’s prestigious Technology Fast 50® program, and a member of the Team True North® roster as one of Canada’s fastest-growing and most promising startups. Our culture is highly mission-driven; our team is passionate about bringing healthcare to those who need it most. Best of all—we have fun doing it.
Permanent, full-time opportunity
Location: Remote (Canada)
Though we have an office based in Calgary, this is a remote position that is open to candidates across Canada. PurposeMed's office is located on the unceded and traditional territories of the peoples of the Treaty 7 region in Southern Alberta, which includes the Blackfoot First Nation tribes of Siksika, the Piikuni, the Kainai, the Stoney Nakoda First Nations tribes of Chiniki, Bearspaw, and Wesley and the Tsuut’ina First Nation. The city of Calgary is also homeland to the historic Northwest Métis and to Métis Nation of Alberta, Region 3.
Who we hope to find:
As PurposeMed’s analytics leader, this position will ensure the organization has the information, analytical horsepower, and insights required to fuel our ambitious growth plans. The right leader for this role enjoys diving deep into data, using it to build shared understanding and identify opportunities, but also appreciates the importance of thoughtful dashboarding to provide leaders with insights at scale. This role will work to imbed data-driven decision making across the company (i.e., business units, departments, and PurposeMed as a whole).
This highly collaborative role will be a key partner to department leaders, business unit leaders, and the Executive team, with the support of a small team of analysts. The right candidate will be comfortable leading analytics of business, operational, and customer data, and also be excited by the opportunity to leverage their analytical skills to help PurposeMed innovate on how we deliver healthcare.
This is a highly strategic role that also requires the willingness to execute and operate within a start-up environment.
In this role, you’ll make an impact by:
- Leading the strategy for the company’s BI capabilities and overseeing the implementation of necessary tools
- Owning the governance of how data flows between systems
- Defining and evangelizing the “source of truth” for key business metrics
- Enabling data-driven decision making throughout the organization
- Delivering powerful insights to the business through analysis of marketing, product, sales, and operating data (e.g., surfacing challenges and opportunities)
- Partnering with clinical leadership to improve the quality of clinical decision-making and health outcomes for patients
- Leading a team of analysts providing analytical support to senior leadership, across areas such as root cause diagnosis, opportunity evaluation, impact assessment
- Elevating the quality, timeliness and usefulness of internal reporting across the business, through insightful and user-friendly dashboards, so business leaders have access to the information they need
- Partnering with business unit and department leaders to deepen their understanding of their respective areas of responsibility
We need someone who has:
- Experience working closely with Data Engineering to build and support technical infrastructure and the data pipeline
- Experience evaluating and participating in designing the integration of multiple data sources into the data warehouse
- Experience aggregating and analyzing multiple types of data at scale (e.g., product, financial data, operational data, user data)
- Incredible attention to detail, and experience building processes or practices to validate and improve data quality
- A high degree of intellectual curiosity, and a desire to understand root causes
- Strong business acumen and the ability to put data into context
- A history of delivering impactful, actionable insights through data and analysis
- Experience building collaborative partnerships with business leaders
- A nose for value; the ability to prioritize analytical requests across multiple areas of a business, based on urgency, importance and potential impact
- The ability to manage a team of analysts to deliver error-free analysis in a timely manner
- The ability to communicate complex analytical concepts or findings to broad audiences (both executive-level, and line managers)
- A track record of improving the data literacy of organizations
Do you think you could be our next Director, Analytics? We look forward to seeing your application!
Why you should join us:
- Be part of a team of great people who don’t take themselves too seriously. While we’re serious about the problems we solve, we believe in having fun along the way.
- Make an impact, every single day. We’re providing compassionate, affirming care to many people who have never received care for their condition.
- Receive great benefits from your first day of work. We offer plenty of paid time off, a parental leave top-up program, group benefits, learning stipends and other perks.
- Work flexibly, from anywhere across Canada.* We believe that work should fit around your life. We also have an office in Calgary available for anyone in the area!
- Be confident in bringing your whole self to work. Inclusivity is core to how we take care of our patients, our teammates and ourselves. We create spaces that are safe and affirming.
If you are looking for a place that sparks your creativity, helps others, and will push you to be your best, then you’ll love PurposeMed.
*Most of our roles are performed virtually from home (in a distributed team environment) across Canada. Team members who are in “onsite” roles at Affirming Care need to be physically present at our pharmacies.
PurposeMed is committed to being an equal opportunity employer, so we highly encourage those from excluded and marginalized communities to apply. This includes groups such as (but not limited to): Indigenous, Black, and racialized communities, trans and non-binary, LGBTQIA2S+, disabled, and HIV-positive people. You don’t have to check every single box above. If the job description gets you excited and you think you could contribute your expertise to our team—we hope you’ll apply!