Senior Product Manager
PurposeMed was founded in 2019 with the mission of improving access to complex care for underserved communities. We’ve grown quickly in our first few years, and now our exceptional team serves thousands of patients each month across our multiple verticals.
PurposeMed consists of three complex care business units: Freddie, Frida, and Foria, and partners with Affirming Care Pharmacy. Freddie is focused on improving sexual health through education, prevention, and treatment with a focus on the LGBTQ2S+ community—we’re now the largest HIV prevention service in Canada! Our second vertical, Frida, is focused on improving mental health and happiness through education, diagnosis, and treatment. Frida is changing the lives of patients with easier access to adult ADHD diagnosis, and fast and affordable treatment. Foria was recently launched in 2023 and is a virtual clinic providing trans, non-binary, and gender-diverse Canadians with gender-affirming healthcare. Affirming Care Pharmacy is a specialty pharmacy with locations in Calgary, Alberta, and Mississauga, Ontario. This partnership provides our patients with an end-to-end healthcare experience, from treatment, to prescription delivery, to continuous affirming care.
We’re one of LinkedIn’s Top 15 Startups in Canada, the #2 Company-to-Watch in Deloitte’s prestigious Technology Fast 50® program, and a member of the Team True North® roster as one of Canada’s fastest-growing and most promising startups. Our culture is highly mission-driven; our team is passionate about bringing healthcare to those who need it most. Best of all—we have fun doing it.
Who we hope to find:
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager who will build foundational features and workflows to make improvements in our product experience, for both patients and providers. Additionally, we are looking for someone who can help take feature requests from our business units (Freddie, Freddie USA, and Frida) and develop scaleable solutions that can be leveraged across multiple business units and further our core product platform strategy. Reporting into the VP of Product, you’ll collaborate very closely with Design, Engineering and our internal users of the product: Clinicians, Customer Experience, and Pharmacy teams.
Though we have an office based in Calgary, this is a remote position that is open to candidates across Canada.
In this role, you’ll make an impact by:
- Developing and own a product roadmap that will lead to step functions in the growth of the product for Freddie, Freddie USA, and Frida business units and to enable features to be build in way to be available to our current business units and further our platform strategy
- Being an expert in complex workflows that impact patient acquisition, activation and retention, as well as the efficiency and productivity of internal users of the product
- Fielding incoming feature requests and prioritize a backlog of features
- Working closely with Engineering and Design to plan product development and roll out large feature changes that impact internal and external stakeholders
- Talking to our patients and providers, championing for their user needs and rallying other departmental leaders and inspiring cross-functional teams to co-create best-in-class experiences
- Monitoring our daily metrics and holding your pod accountable to performance against OKRs and forecasts
- Being an expert in product growth workflows that impact patient acquisition, activation and retention
- Collaborating closely with the VP, Product to help prioritize strategic bets and define the product strategy and roadmap to grow existing revenue streams and introduce new opportunities
We need someone who has:
- 5+ years in consumer or B2B product roles where you’ve led successful releases that had measurable impact on business results, and developed strong product craft so you can continue to foster an evidence and outcome-driven approach to product management and design
- A proven track record of delivering products that drove commercial impact for a business
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; both written and verbal
- A love for thinking in systems and the ability to identify opportunities that will lead to a step function in growth, even if that requires challenging the status quo and advocating for an overhaul
- The ability to think two steps ahead and predict what downstream impact a feature might have on patient and provider journeys and processes
- A love for talking to users and can naturally empathize with others’ pain points
- Self motivation and a strong attention to detail
- Comfortability working with ambiguity in a fast-paced startup environment, and can see it as an opportunity for growth
- Excellent judgment and can help others with making difficult trade-off decisions quickly and decisively
- The ability to say no to low priority requests without burning bridges and is able to help the team maintain focus
- The ability to not easily be intimidated by change, ambiguity or new challenges: you're excited to help us innovate and iterate on our existing discovery and delivery processes
It would also be great if you have:
- Natural collaboration with many different functional areas and the ability to be an agent of change who can bring calm to chaotic situations by effectively coordinating and communicating with stakeholders
- A keen interest in building a platform that can scale across adjacent use cases
- Experience in scrappy, fast-growing companies (experience in health-tech is not required)
- $115,000 - $130,000 CAD a year
- Earn stock options through our Equity Incentive Plan—connect your efforts to PurposeMed’s growth as we work together to improve the lives of our patients across North America.
- The compensation listed above refers to a yearly base salary that may vary depending on a candidate's relevant qualifications, knowledge, competencies and work experience, and other factors including market conditions. Base pay is just one aspect of our total rewards at PurposeMed—see our other exciting benefits below!
Do you think you could be our next Senior Product Manager? We look forward to seeing your application!
Why you should join us:
- Be part of a team of great people who don’t take themselves too seriously. While we’re serious about the problems we solve, we believe in having fun along the way.
- Make an impact, every single day. We’re providing compassionate, affirming care to many people who have never received the proper support before.
- Be confident in bringing your whole self to work. Inclusivity is core to how we take care of our patients, our teammates, and ourselves. We create spaces that are safe and affirming.
What we’re offering (based on full-time, permanent roles):
Work/life flexibility and time off:
- Work flexibly within a team that’s remote friendly; we believe that work should fit around your life*
- 20 vacation days and a team that will remind you to use them!
- Annual winter break closure
Care for your physical and mental health:
- Extended medical, dental, and vision care starting on your first day of work!
- 8 wellness days
- $500 health and wellness spending account
- $2,000 mental health coverage with additional free online counseling through Inkblot Therapy and FeelingBetterNow mental health assessments
- $20,000 of lifetime coverage for gender-affirming care and procedures
Investment in your learning and growth:
- $500 learning fund to use towards courses and other professional development
- Our unique People Potential program, in which you'll partner with your manager to identify opportunities to grow and achieve your full potential
- $3,400 lifetime coverage for fertility drugs
- Parental leave program for birthing and non-birthing parents–your choice of:
- Short term: 4 weeks off to use flexibly in your first year of parenting
- Long-term: 13 weeks EI top-op
Eligible team members and their dependents** also receive no-cost access to PurposeMed’s services:
- Freddie: PrEP assessment and follow-up appointments
- Frida: ADHD assessment and follow-up appointments
- Foria: Gender-affirming care services
If you are looking for a place that sparks your creativity, helps others, and will push you to be your best, then you’ll love PurposeMed.
PurposeMed is committed to being an equal-opportunity employer, and we highly encourage those from excluded and marginalized communities to apply. This includes groups such as (but not limited to): Indigenous, Black, and racialized communities, trans and non-binary, LGBTQ2S+, disabled, and HIV-positive people. You don’t have to check every single box above. If the job description gets you excited and you think you could contribute your expertise to our team—we hope you’ll apply!
*Most of our roles are performed virtually from home across Canada. Team members working onsite at Affirming Care pharmacies do need to be physically present.
**Permanent team members (employees) and their dependents are eligible, however, the person receiving the assessment must live in a province in which Freddie, Frida, or Foria operates, and be over the age of 18.