Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Friday, December 8, 2023
Our mission is to increase the success rate of small businesses. Traditional banking has been a growth limiter rather than a growth enabler for business owners, and we’re changing that. Relay is the all-in-one, collaborative money management platform. We’re building for employer SMBs and their finance function, internal and external, and are focused on delivering a human-centric customer experience. Ultimately, we help SMBs be ‘on the money'.
Relay is entering an exciting new chapter of growth! We’re looking for customer-facing problem solver with strong communication skills to join our Risk Team as a Risk Analyst. This person will have an instrumental impact on our business by protecting Relay and our customers against potential fraud. You'll have the opportunity to grow with an impactful team, implement new processes, and protect Relay users from fraud risks. If you are looking to contribute your experience and skills in a fast-growing startup; we want to hear from you!
What You'll Be Doing
- Perform regular risk assessments to understand the potential risks that could impact the financial and operational health of the business
- Analyze data to identify patterns and trends that could suggest future risks
- Collaborate with relevant stakeholders - internal teams and external customers - to develop and implement risk mitigation strategies
- Prepare risk management and postmortem reports for internal stakeholders
- Maintain an up-to-date understanding of industry trends, developments in the fintech space, and changes in regulations that could impact the company's risk profile
- Assist with the development and implementation of risk management policies and protocols
- Contribute to the development of risk models for new products and services
Who You Are
- You have 1-3 years of experience in risk management, preferably in the fintech or banking industry
- A background of strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- You have an understanding of financial principles and risk management practices
- You’re familiar with fintech industry regulations and standards
- You would describe your problem-solving and decision-making skills as excellent
- You’ve shown to have strong written and verbal communication skills
- You have experience with Google Suite, Microsoft and other tools
- You’re proficient in risk assessment and prediction software
- You're adaptable and can rise to a challenge and handle change and uncertainty at times - we are a startup after all!
- You’re familiar with fraud tools - CRM, transaction monitoring, device intelligence
- You’ve joined a company at its early stages and have been part of fast paced environments
- You have experience working in a fintech startup
Our Commitment to You
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity: every team member gets a piece of the pie.
- Comprehensive health benefits: we offer full health benefits + an HSA/WSA starting from day 1 so you get the coverage you need.
- Considerable vacation/end-of-year holiday shutdown: we take time off to reset and recharge so we come back better for our customers.
- Hybrid work environment: we love collaborating and connecting in the office two times a week and offer catered lunches and a snack/beverage program for the days we’re in office. Don’t forget to bring in your furry friends!
- Personal and professional growth: support from leaders who care about your growth and success through regular feedback and coaching. Our goal is to make Relay a step-change career opportunity.
- Top-tier equipment: we’ll make sure you have everything you need to produce your best work.
- Team-first culture: we’re passionate about working collaboratively, bonding through team events, and most importantly having fun.
The Interview Process
Stage 1: A 30-minute Google Meets call with a member of the People Team
Stage 2: A short independent assessment (data & written communication focused)
Stage 3: A 30-minute Google Meets interview with the Hiring Manager and a Risk or Customer Experience Team Lead
Stage 4: A 30-minute Google Meets interview with a member of Relay’s Senior Leadership Team
Research shows that women-identifying and other marginalized individuals tend to only apply when they meet 100% of the qualifications; if you don't have all the listed qualifications, we encourage you to apply anyway!
What’s Important to Us:
At Relay, we believe that diversity is key to building high-performing teams, and creating an inclusive work environment is our priority. We are an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
We will work with applicants to provide accommodations at any stage of the hiring process. If you require accommodations during the interview process, please email your People Team contact, and we will work with you to meet your needs.