Senior Product Manager
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2024
Our mission is to increase the success rate of small businesses. Traditional banking has been a growth limiter rather than a growth enabler for business owners, and we’re changing that. Relay is the all-in-one, collaborative money management platform. We’re building for employer SMBs and their finance function, internal and external, and are focused on delivering a human-centric customer experience. Ultimately, we help SMBs be ‘on the money'.
Here at Relay, our Product Team is responsible for shaping our small business banking platform; we dive deep into the problems and pain points of our customers to marry their needs with those of our business and the capabilities of technology.
We’re looking for a Senior Product Manager to play a key part in building not only the product but someone who will be a vital part of problem solving for our customers. You will identify and scope the highest priority issues to tackle and work with our designers and engineers to ideate, design and deliver exceptional product experiences. At Relay, we are a hybrid environment and we choose to collaborate in the office twice a week.
How you can make an impact in your first six months
- Contribute to the planning, development, and launch of new initiatives
- Frequently interview our customers 1-on-1 to deeply understand their needs and their pain points, using the learnings to identifying product opportunities
- Foster strong collaboration among cross-functional teams including engineering, design, marketing, sales, and customer support.
- Leverage data to inform product decisions. Establish clear success metrics and use them to guide product development to measure success.
- Analyze product and business data to identify opportunities and prioritize features
- Provide feedback on design and user experience, ensuring every product is a delightful experience for our users
- Own a roadmap with your team of engineers to ensure we deliver successfully against goals. Help hold the team accountable to outcomes and ensure a high bar for product delivery.
- Elevate the Product Management practice at Relay, building an inclusive and supportive team culture
You’ll hit the ground running if:
- You have at least 4+ years of experience working as a Product Manager. We’re also open to speaking with hungry generalists (eg: consultants, ex-founders) who are eager to make an impact.
- You have a strong bias to action. We’re a fast-paced environment and we value quick decision making and iteration to maximize learnings.
- You live in Toronto, the GTA, or are open to relocate. We work in the office two days a week to optimize for collaboration.
- You’re a maker and a builder; show us things you've written, designed or ideally, built.
- Your work experience shows a history of excellence and impact (not necessarily in product!)
- You’re excited by the idea of talking directly with customers and deeply understanding their problems to craft solutions
- You care deeply about small businesses and their owners/operators
- You communicate clearly and concisely, both visually and in writing. You have a strong ability to bring clarity in ambiguous or uncertain environments.
Nice to haves:
- Experience turning data into insights using tools like Excel, SQL etc.
- Familiarity with Figma or other design tools
- Experience working in financial products & services
- A deep understanding of small businesses and their owners/operators
- You have a strong history of building products 0-to-1
If you join us, you will have:
- The opportunity to help shape Relay’s Product Team from the ground up
- Personal and professional growth. We care about getting better everyday and levelling up. Our goal is to make Relay a step-change career opportunity
- An outstanding work environment that is passionate about getting stuff done, collaboration, learning and having fun
- A fast-paced, collaborative, and rewarding team environment, where your perspectives and experiences matter
- Leaders who support your growth and success through regular feedback and coaching
- Comprehensive benefits that start from day one of employment and a health spending account (HSA), as well as a wellness spending account (WSA)
- A competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Considerable vacation; end of year holiday shutdown
- Birthday perks, dog-friendly office days, team off-sites and virtual/in-person team bonding events, summer and monthly events…and more!
- Flexible work environment with catered lunches and a snack/beverage program
What’s Important to Us:
At Relay, we believe that diversity is key to building high-performing teams, and creating an inclusive work environment is our priority. We are an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
We will work with applicants to provide accommodations at any stage of the hiring process. If you require accommodations during the interview process, please email your People Team contact, and we will work with you to meet your needs.