Technical Product Manager
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posted on Tuesday, June 27, 2023
Your New Role and Team
Our Product team is looking to hire an experienced Technical Product Manager, to work closely with software engineering teams across Sanctuary AI. Reporting to the Head of Product, the TPM will provide expertise and guidance while coordinating large cross-functional projects and schedules through initiations, operations, design and delivery.
The best candidates for our TPM role have extensive hands-on project management skills and deep technical knowledge in an entrepreneurial environment. Your expertise will ensure high-quality, on-time, and budget-conscious outcomes, all while you experience professional growth opportunities that also make a significant company impact.
Our Success Criteria
- With guidance from our Senior Leadership Team, define the product roadmap and translate feature requests into business requirement documents, workflow diagrams, epics, user stories, and test/acceptance criteria
- Collaborate with stakeholders and technical leads and establish execution strategies for successfully delivering projects
- Identify and communicate risks to stakeholders, define risk mitigation strategies, and facilitate appropriate solutions
- Define success criteria and metrics on the project/initiatives to help software development teams make data-driven decisions
- Achieve company-wide visibility as you present best practices for leading projects across cross-functional teams to various audiences, including non-technical audiences
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in technical product management in a software applications environment (preferably robotics)
- 3+ years of experience managing efforts in real-time and distributed systems on-premise and/or in the cloud
- Proven ability to work efficiently to deliver large projects with multiple stakeholders, tight timelines and with evolving priorities
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage trade-offs, and evaluate technical solutions with internal and external partners
- Experience using data and metrics to drive improvements
- Proven ability to foster a resourceful and creative approach to overcome obstacles and turn challenges into opportunities
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent experience in a related technical discipline in addition to project management certifications
- Expertise in writing business requirements documents, defining MVPs, creating schedules, identifying risks to stakeholders, defining risk mitigation strategies, and facilitating appropriate solutions
- Demonstrable analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up ideas and proposals and drive decisions
- Hands-on experience in preparing project charters, schedules, and budgets
- Previous software engineering experience with a solid understanding of the full software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Experience in cloud services (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Demonstrated experience with technology tools such as Confluence and/or SharePoint
- Working knowledge of Project Management Tools (for example, MS Project, Trello, Jira etc.)
- Above all else, a consistently positive attitude and a willingness to do whatever it takes to create robust solutions to complex problems
- Optimistic listening and conflict resolution capabilities
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and able to solve problems independently
- Obsession with bringing human-like intelligence to machines
Working at Sanctuary
Sanctuary is an equal opportunity employer; employment with Sanctuary is governed based on skills, competence, and qualifications and will not be influenced in any way by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability, or any other legally protected status.
Full time (non co-op) employees enjoy medical/dental/vision coverage, life insurance, wellness programs, stock options, paid time off (3 weeks vacation accrued annually, 12 paid holidays, 5 days of annual sick leave, and parental leave), scheduling and worksite flexibility by role, and more.
Founded in 2018 by Geordie Rose, Suzanne Gildert, Olivia Norton, and Ajay Agrawal, Sanctuary is a Vancouver, Canada-based company. Sanctuary is on a mission to create the world’s first human-like intelligence in general-purpose robots that will help us work more safely, efficiently, and sustainably. And in the not-too-distant future, help us explore, settle, and prosper in outer space.
Members of the Sanctuary team founded D-Wave (a pioneer in the quantum computing industry), Kindred (first use of reinforcement learning in a production robot), and the Creative Destruction Lab (pioneered a revolutionary method for the commercialization of science for the betterment of humankind). The team has experience launching market-defining innovations rooted in previously unsolved and deep scientific problems.
Recruiting & Employment Agency Notice:
Recruitment and hiring is conducted internally by Sanctuary. We are not seeking or soliciting any new agency partnerships or agreements at this time. Any employment agency or professional recruiter (“Agency”) that provides an unsolicited resume(s) or otherwise presents a prospective job candidate through the Sanctuary career site or directly to any Sanctuary employee, irrevocably grants to Sanctuary the unrestricted right to engage, hire, or contract with that candidate at Sanctuary’s sole discretion without any compensation to the Agency. We appreciate your interest in working together, and should the need arise our Talent Acquisition team will contact any external firms directly.