Director, Supply Chain
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posted on Wednesday, July 26, 2023
Your New Role and Team
Sanctuary is seeking an exceptional Director of Supply Chain to develop, implement, lead, and mature an intricate and nascent supply chain throughout our organization.
Reporting to the VP of Operations and working closely with hardware engineers, research scientists, QA engineers, and customer deployment teams our Director of Supply Chain will be instrumental in developing our global purchasing and procurement strategy.
Our Success Criteria
- You will be responsible for our corporate supply chain platform, including developing processes to continually improve cross-functional work
- Design, implement, document, maintain, and automate sourcing and procurement strategy and processes
- Develop, implement, document, maintain, and train vendor management practices across the organization
- Design and implement vendor quality assurance metrics and mechanisms
- Communicate and negotiate effectively with suppliers
- Implement, manage, update, and train staff on our ERP platform
- Develop and execute an end-to-end procurement and inventory management strategy
- Work across functions to support multiple teams and establish strong relationships both internally and externally
- Develop, recommend, and implement continuous improvement opportunities that drive efficiency for our executive, product, and manufacturing teams
- Design and manage logistics best practices in conjunction with hardware and manufacturing engineers
- 5+ years of experience in supply chain, procurement, logistics, or contract leadership
- Technical aptitude and background, or experience working with engineering teams
- Proven business and technical acumen in high-stakes procurement scenarios
- Professional experience with international logistics and policies
- Proven ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner
- Can easily build trust and credibility throughout the negotiation process
- Able to seek out new vendor alternatives and grow your network effectively
- Career track record of resolving bottlenecks
- Able to synthesize and organize information from complex technical sources
- Able to navigate and manage risk in a rapidly changing environment
- Experience growing and managing a global team
- Challenges the status quo and continually drives automation
- Interested in taking on a global-scale supply chain challenge
- Above all else, a consistently positive attitude and a willingness to do whatever it takes to create robust solutions to complex problems
- Optimistic listening and conflict resolution capabilities
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and able to solve problems independently
- Demonstrated ability to communicate to get things done
Working at Sanctuary
Sanctuary is an equal opportunity employer; employment with Sanctuary is governed based on skills, competence, and qualifications and will not be influenced in any way by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability, or any other legally protected status.
Full time (non co-op) employees enjoy medical/dental/vision coverage, life insurance, wellness programs, stock options, paid time off (3 weeks vacation accrued annually, 12 paid holidays, 5 days of annual sick leave, and parental leave), scheduling and worksite flexibility by role, and more.
Founded in 2018 by Geordie Rose, Suzanne Gildert, Olivia Norton, and Ajay Agrawal, Sanctuary is a Vancouver, Canada-based company. Sanctuary is on a mission to create the world’s first human-like intelligence in general-purpose robots that will help us work more safely, efficiently, and sustainably. And in the not-too-distant future, help us explore, settle, and prosper in outer space.
Members of the Sanctuary team founded D-Wave (a pioneer in the quantum computing industry), Kindred (first use of reinforcement learning in a production robot), and the Creative Destruction Lab (pioneered a revolutionary method for the commercialization of science for the betterment of humankind). The team has experience launching market-defining innovations rooted in previously unsolved and deep scientific problems.
Recruiting & Employment Agency Notice:
Recruitment and hiring is conducted internally by Sanctuary. We are not seeking or soliciting any new agency partnerships or agreements at this time. Any employment agency or professional recruiter (“Agency”) that provides an unsolicited resume(s) or otherwise presents a prospective job candidate through the Sanctuary career site or directly to any Sanctuary employee, irrevocably grants to Sanctuary the unrestricted right to engage, hire, or contract with that candidate at Sanctuary’s sole discretion without any compensation to the Agency. We appreciate your interest in working together, and should the need arise our Talent Acquisition team will contact any external firms directly.