Network And Security Administrator
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posted on Thursday, September 14, 2023
Your New Role and Team
Our Enterprise IT team is looking to hire a Network and Security Administrator. Reporting to the Director of IT, you’ll gain a comprehensive understanding of our network infrastructure and services, security needs and posture, and will support the ongoing maturation of the business.
The best candidates for our Network and Security Admin role will have exceptional IT Networking skills, hands-on security experience, and excellent communications skills. You’ll be a valued contributor as you learn and adapt to new and challenging network use cases, troubleshoot and resolve issues, design and implement networks, and build security into our operations at all levels taking a zero-trust approach. You will be a key participant in enabling the scalability, performance, and security of our networks.
Our Success Criteria
- Bring hands-on experience in designing, documenting, implementing, maintaining high performance networks at distributed scale
- Demonstrate reliability and thoroughness in problem-solving; research and implement the “right solution the first time”
- Build secure practices and secure methodologies into your work
- Contemplate the future needs of the business by enabling security from the beginning
- Implement solutions in an efficient, scalable, automated fashion with an eye for quality
- Demonstrate the ability to document and communicate relevant information about the network to a variety of audiences
- Partner with a wide variety of stakeholders to ensure their needs are met
- Grow your mentorship capabilities by sharing your work and skills with teammates
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience as a network administrator with significant security experience
- 5+ years of hands-on Linux experience including various distributions
- Knowledge of various infrastructure automation and configuration management platforms
- Experience with various software-defined networking implementations and approaches
- Demonstrated ability to design, implement, and grow networks in complicated agile environments at scale
- Knowledge of applying a zero-trust approach as pertains to networking
- Experience identifying and securing OT and IOT network devices at scale
- Familiarity with various security compliance frameworks through the lens of networking
- Ability to support enterprise switching environments and ecosystems
- Familiarity with next-gen security products and approaches
- Experience with various Linux distributions
- Ability to support various automation platforms and techniques
- Familiarity with fundamentals of Layer 2 and Layer 3 networking including MCLAG, OSPF, BGP, and the like
- Familiarity with SDN and SDWAN implementations
- Proven experiences in designing large, complicated networks at scale.
- Above all else, a consistently positive attitude and a willingness to do whatever it takes to create robust solutions to complex problems
- Exceptional communication and documentation skills
- A creative and critical thinker that thrives on “getting it right the first time” when faced with complicated challenges
- A strong sense of ownership and responsibility when approaching challenges
- Optimistic listening and conflict resolution capabilities
- Demonstrated ability to influence others without authority
- Eager to take on new challenges with tenacity and positivity
- Patience, persistence, and attention to detail when resolving performance issues
- Obsession with bringing human-like intelligence to machines
Working at Sanctuary
Sanctuary is an equal opportunity employer; employment with Sanctuary is governed based on skills, competence, and qualifications and will not be influenced in any way by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability, or any other legally protected status.
Full time (non co-op) employees enjoy medical/dental/vision coverage, life insurance, wellness programs, stock options, paid time off (3 weeks vacation accrued annually, 12 paid holidays, 5 days of annual sick leave, and parental leave), scheduling and worksite flexibility by role, and more.
Founded in 2018 by Geordie Rose, Suzanne Gildert, Olivia Norton, and Ajay Agrawal, Sanctuary is a Vancouver, Canada-based company. Sanctuary is on a mission to create the world’s first human-like intelligence in general-purpose robots that will help us work more safely, efficiently, and sustainably. And in the not-too-distant future, help us explore, settle, and prosper in outer space.
Members of the Sanctuary team founded D-Wave (a pioneer in the quantum computing industry), Kindred (first use of reinforcement learning in a production robot), and the Creative Destruction Lab (pioneered a revolutionary method for the commercialization of science for the betterment of humankind). The team has experience launching market-defining innovations rooted in previously unsolved and deep scientific problems.
Recruiting & Employment Agency Notice:
Recruitment and hiring is conducted internally by Sanctuary. We are not seeking or soliciting any new agency partnerships or agreements at this time. Any employment agency or professional recruiter (“Agency”) that provides an unsolicited resume(s) or otherwise presents a prospective job candidate through the Sanctuary career site or directly to any Sanctuary employee, irrevocably grants to Sanctuary the unrestricted right to engage, hire, or contract with that candidate at Sanctuary’s sole discretion without any compensation to the Agency. We appreciate your interest in working together, and should the need arise our Talent Acquisition team will contact any external firms directly.