Technical 3D Artist
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posted on Wednesday, November 8, 2023
Your New Role and Team
Sanctuary AI–a multi award-winning LinkedIn Top Startup company–is seeking a Technical 3D Artist. Reporting to our Software Engineering Manager, you'll gain a comprehensive understanding of our product’s design, capabilities, features, and customer benefits as you join us on our mission to create the world’s first human-like intelligence in general-purpose robots.
The ideal candidate for the Technical 3D Artist position enjoys active participation in the creative production process and possesses the technical know-how to bring a creative vision to reality. The Technical 3D Artist will also get a chance to work with engineers and research scientists throughout the product development cycle. If you are passionate about keeping up with the latest tools and methodologies for the creative production process and you want to work on the very cutting edge of both AI and Robotics development, this is the role for you.
Our Success Criteria
- Bring hands-on Technical 3D Artist experience to ensure the utmost quality of assets through production
- Gain cutting edge platform experience as you create tools and scripts to assist research scientists and engineers with content, lighting, and shading matters
- Expand your career experience as you design and implement elegant data-driven content creation pipelines
- Achieve company-wide visibility as you partner closely with engineers to inject/troubleshoot various assets utilized by our world engine
- 3+ years of Technical 3D Artist experience in the creative product, simulation, gaming, or animation industries
- Strong technical expertise in Photorealistic Rendering
- Technical background in Photogrammetry and Photogrammetry Optimization Methods
- Background with Scripting and Tools development with Engineering or Game Development teams
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent real-world experience
- Working with and maintaining production pipelines and workflow automation with large scale asset libraries
- Uses the best tools and methods for improving and facilitating the production workflow
- Proficient user of Blender and Houdini
- Proficient user of Unreal, Unity, Omniverse or similar 3D game engines
- Rendering profiling, data gathering and analysis using simulation/game engine profiling tools
- Well-acquainted with graphics optimisation and profiling techniques
- Experience working with source/version control and CI/CD pipelines
- Knowledge and prior use of production management software such as JIRA
- Exceptional organizational skills and creative at finding solutions
- Can produce and maintain documentation for tools, methods, trainings, and processes
- Above all else, a consistently positive attitude and a willingness to do whatever it takes to create robust solutions to complex problems
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and able to solve problems independently
- Obsession with bringing human-like intelligence to machines
Entry-rate Annual Salary: $80,000 CAD and up
At Sanctuary AI, we provide above average total compensation that includes three components: salary, equity, and benefits. Our goal is to ensure fairness in pay and we strive to make the overall package highly competitive with current market rates.
Equity will play a significant role in the total compensation for this role. Our goal is to provide a generous equity compensation package, exceeding what is typically offered by companies of our size. The specific amount of equity will be communicated to candidates upon receiving an offer.
Benefits - Canadian permanent employees are eligible for:
+ Medical Insurance
+ Hearing Aids
+ Life Insurance and AD&D
+ $500 per calendar year Healthcare Spending Account
+ Unique complimentary beverages and snacks at our head office
The compensation and benefits details provided for this role in Vancouver, BC are based on Sanctuary AI's market evaluation and may be subject to changes in the future. Your pay within the specified range will depend on various job-related factors, such as your past work experience, relevant education, and performance during interviews or work trials. Salary minimum provided is an entry-level rate for this role, as a requirement of the Pay Transparency Act in British Columbia.
** Please do not submit any information that is confidential to you or any third party. By submitting an application, you acknowledge and agree that your application does not contain any information that is confidential to you or any third party. **
Working at Sanctuary AI
Sanctuary AI is an equal opportunity employer; employment with Sanctuary AI is governed based on skills, competence, and qualifications and will not be influenced in any way by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability, or any other legally protected status. In 2023, Sanctuary AI moved into a state-of-the-art office facility and has been recognized by LinkedIn as a Top Startup company.
Full time (non co-op) employees enjoy medical/dental/vision coverage, life insurance, wellness programs, stock options, paid time off (3 weeks vacation accrued annually, paid statutory holidays, paid statutory sick leave, and statutory parental leave), scheduling and worksite flexibility by role, and more.
About Sanctuary AI
Founded in 2018 by Geordie Rose, Suzanne Gildert, Olivia Norton, and Ajay Agrawal, Sanctuary AI is a Vancouver, Canada-based company. Sanctuary AI is on a mission to create the world’s first human-like intelligence in general-purpose robots that will help us work more safely, efficiently, and sustainably. And in the not-too-distant future, help us explore, settle, and prosper in outer space.
Members of the Sanctuary AI team founded D-Wave (a pioneer in the quantum computing industry), Kindred (first use of reinforcement learning in a production robot), and the Creative Destruction Lab (pioneered a revolutionary method for the commercialization of science for the betterment of humankind). The team has experience launching market-defining innovations rooted in previously unsolved and deep scientific problems.
Recruiting & Employment Agency Notice:
Recruitment and hiring is conducted internally by Sanctuary AI. We are not seeking or soliciting any new agency partnerships or agreements at this time. Any employment agency or professional recruiter (“Agency”) that provides an unsolicited resume(s) or otherwise presents a prospective job candidate through the Sanctuary AI career site or directly to any Sanctuary AI employee, irrevocably grants to Sanctuary AI the unrestricted right to engage, hire, or contract with that candidate at Sanctuary AI's sole discretion without any compensation to the Agency. We appreciate your interest in working together, and should the need arise our Talent Acquisition team will contact any external firms directly.