Office Manager (Contract)
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posted on Wednesday, January 10, 2024
Your New Role and Team
Sanctuary AI–a multi award-winning LinkedIn Top Startup company- is looking to hire a skilled and motivated Office Manager to join our Operations team for a one-year contract term.
Sanctuary AI’s Office Manager will play a pivotal role in ensuring the smooth and efficient operation of our office environment. The ideal candidate is organized, detail-oriented, and adept at multitasking in a fast-paced environment. Reporting to the Senior Operations Manager, you’ll contribute to the overall efficiency and effectiveness of our organization.
Our Success Criteria
- Proven experience (3+ years) in office management or related roles, with a focus on handling corporate travel, events, procurement, and vendor relationships
- Expert organizational and multitasking abilities with exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to liaise effectively with employees, vendors, and stakeholders
- Proficiency in relevant software and tools for office management, travel booking, and event planning
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, and thrive in a dynamic, deadline-driven environment.
- A Bachelor's Degree in business administration, hospitality management, or a related field and/or equivalent working experience
- Extensive Corporate Admin experience at a mid-sized or enterprise-level business
- Comprehensive understanding of Operations technologies and systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with cross functional team project management
- Experience with highly technical or delicate equipment handling/organization
- Excellent time management and multitasking skills
- Ability to analyze and problem solve complex operational challenges
- Above all else, a consistently positive attitude and a willingness to do whatever it takes to create robust solutions to mission objectives
- Successful candidates will be a proponent of personal responsibility for themselves and their teammates
- Empathetic listener with conflict resolution capabilities
- Consistent bias for action, communication, and interpersonal savvy
- Self-motivated and able to solve problems independently
- Mission driven and passionate about bringing human-like intelligence to machines
Entry-rate Hourly Wage: $30 CAD and up
The compensation and benefits details provided for this role in Vancouver, BC are based on Sanctuary AI's market evaluation and may be subject to changes in the future. Your pay within the specified range will depend on various job-related factors, such as your past work experience, relevant education, and performance during interviews or work trials. Salary minimum provided is an entry-level rate for this role, as a requirement of the Pay Transparency Act in British Columbia.
** Please do not submit any information that is confidential to you or any third party. By submitting an application, you acknowledge and agree that your application does not contain any information that is confidential to you or any third party. **
Working at Sanctuary AI
Sanctuary AI is an equal opportunity employer; employment with Sanctuary AI is governed based on skills, competence, and qualifications and will not be influenced in any way by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability, or any other legally protected status. In 2023, Sanctuary AI moved into a state-of-the-art office facility and has been recognized by LinkedIn as a Top Startup company.
Full time (non co-op) employees enjoy medical/dental/vision coverage, life insurance, wellness programs, stock options, paid time off (3 weeks vacation accrued annually, paid statutory holidays, paid statutory sick leave, and statutory parental leave), scheduling and worksite flexibility by role, and more.
About Sanctuary AI
Founded in 2018 by Geordie Rose, Suzanne Gildert, Olivia Norton, and Ajay Agrawal, Sanctuary AI is a Vancouver, Canada-based company. Sanctuary AI is on a mission to create the world’s first human-like intelligence in general-purpose robots that will help us work more safely, efficiently, and sustainably. And in the not-too-distant future, help us explore, settle, and prosper in outer space.
Members of the Sanctuary AI team founded D-Wave (a pioneer in the quantum computing industry), Kindred (first use of reinforcement learning in a production robot), and the Creative Destruction Lab (pioneered a revolutionary method for the commercialization of science for the betterment of humankind). The team has experience launching market-defining innovations rooted in previously unsolved and deep scientific problems.
Recruiting & Employment Agency Notice:
Recruitment and hiring is conducted internally by Sanctuary AI. We are not seeking or soliciting any new agency partnerships or agreements at this time. Any employment agency or professional recruiter (“Agency”) that provides an unsolicited resume(s) or otherwise presents a prospective job candidate through the Sanctuary AI career site or directly to any Sanctuary AI employee, irrevocably grants to Sanctuary AI the unrestricted right to engage, hire, or contract with that candidate at Sanctuary AI's sole discretion without any compensation to the Agency. We appreciate your interest in working together, and should the need arise our Talent Acquisition team will contact any external firms directly.