Accounting & Finance
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posted on Saturday, January 13, 2024
Your New Role and Team
Sanctuary AI–a multi award-winning LinkedIn Top Startup company–is seeking a highly skilled Buyer, who will be focused on procuring robotic equipment for our innovative humanoid general-purpose robots. As a Buyer, you will report to the VP of Hardware and Manufacturing, gaining a comprehensive understanding of our state-of-the-art general-purpose robots, and help improve our procurement and supply chain for R&D and production systems.
Our ideal Buyer candidate will be an excellent communicator, negotiator, and organizer. You’ll be a valued contributor as you run end-to-end procurement, from establishing vendor relationships, to collecting quotes, reviewing requisitions, placing orders, and supporting product acquisition and inventory. With your experience and expertise, you’ll support a supply chain that spans the globe.
Our Success Criteria
- Bring hands-on Buyer experience in technical procurement operations for products that utilize, hardware, software, and networking components
- Gain cutting edge career experience as you develop vendor relationships in state-of-the-art robotic technology
- Achieve company-wide visibility as you partner with leaders from product and operations teams to deliver an optimized procurement pipeline in robotics
- Leverage your communication skills by supporting cross-functional teams and international vendors
- Diploma/Degree in an engineering-related field, a business field, or equivalent work experience
- At least 3 years of related work experience in procurement or supply chain
- Experience with multiple areas of the procurement life cycle
- Experience negotiating with suppliers and establishing metrics to evaluate performance
- Progressive career experience utilizing Procurement Management Systems like ERP, CRM, SCM, and e-Sourcing Systems
- Proven experience analyzing data and identifying trends in supply chain operations to optimize procurement and identify opportunities for cost savings/efficiencies
- Comprehensive written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Technical aptitude and interest in robotics
- Ability to work independently and willingness to assist others
- Great attention to detail and diligence in following-through
- Above all else, a consistently positive attitude and a willingness to do whatever it takes to create robust solutions to complex problems
- Optimistic listening and conflict resolution capabilities
- Demonstrated ability to influence others without authority
- Eager to take on new challenges with tenacity and positivity
- Patience, persistence, and attention to detail when resolving performance issues
- Obsession with bringing human-like intelligence to machines
Entry-rate Annual Salary: $92,000 CAD and up
At Sanctuary AI, we provide above average total compensation that includes three components: salary, equity, and benefits. Our goal is to ensure fairness in pay and we strive to make the overall package highly competitive with current market rates.
Equity will play a significant role in the total compensation for this role. Our goal is to provide a generous equity compensation package, exceeding what is typically offered by companies of our size. The specific amount of equity will be communicated to candidates upon receiving an offer.
Benefits - Canadian permanent employees are eligible for:
+ Medical Insurance
+ Hearing Aids
+ Life Insurance and AD&D
+ $500 per calendar year Healthcare Spending Account
+ Unique complimentary beverages and snacks at our head office
The compensation and benefits details provided for this role in Vancouver, BC are based on Sanctuary AI's market evaluation and may be subject to changes in the future. Your pay within the specified range will depend on various job-related factors, such as your past work experience, relevant education, and performance during interviews or work trials. Salary minimum provided is an entry-level rate for this role, as a requirement of the Pay Transparency Act in British Columbia.
** Please do not submit any information that is confidential to you or any third party. By submitting an application, you acknowledge and agree that your application does not contain any information that is confidential to you or any third party. **
Working at Sanctuary AI
Sanctuary AI is an equal opportunity employer; employment with Sanctuary AI is governed based on skills, competence, and qualifications and will not be influenced in any way by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability, or any other legally protected status. In 2023, Sanctuary AI moved into a state-of-the-art office facility and has been recognized by LinkedIn as a Top Startup company.
Full time (non co-op) employees enjoy medical/dental/vision coverage, life insurance, wellness programs, stock options, paid time off (3 weeks vacation accrued annually, paid statutory holidays, paid statutory sick leave, and statutory parental leave), scheduling and worksite flexibility by role, and more.
About Sanctuary AI
Founded in 2018 by Geordie Rose, Suzanne Gildert, Olivia Norton, and Ajay Agrawal, Sanctuary AI is a Vancouver, Canada-based company. Sanctuary AI is on a mission to create the world’s first human-like intelligence in general-purpose robots that will help us work more safely, efficiently, and sustainably. And in the not-too-distant future, help us explore, settle, and prosper in outer space.
Members of the Sanctuary AI team founded D-Wave (a pioneer in the quantum computing industry), Kindred (first use of reinforcement learning in a production robot), and the Creative Destruction Lab (pioneered a revolutionary method for the commercialization of science for the betterment of humankind). The team has experience launching market-defining innovations rooted in previously unsolved and deep scientific problems.
Recruiting & Employment Agency Notice:
Recruitment and hiring is conducted internally by Sanctuary AI. We are not seeking or soliciting any new agency partnerships or agreements at this time. Any employment agency or professional recruiter (“Agency”) that provides an unsolicited resume(s) or otherwise presents a prospective job candidate through the Sanctuary AI career site or directly to any Sanctuary AI employee, irrevocably grants to Sanctuary AI the unrestricted right to engage, hire, or contract with that candidate at Sanctuary AI's sole discretion without any compensation to the Agency. We appreciate your interest in working together, and should the need arise our Talent Acquisition team will contact any external firms directly.