Business Development Associate
Sales & Business Development
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posted on Tuesday, February 6, 2024
Your New Role and Team
Sanctuary AI–a multi award-winning LinkedIn Top Startup company- is looking to hire a skilled and motivated Business Development Associate to join our Commercial team. Our new Business Development Associate, will play a vital role in supporting the development and advancement of human-like AI and general-purpose robot markets. Reporting to the Chief Commercial Officer, you’ll ensure execution of customer engagements.
As Sanctuary AI’s Business Development Associate, you'll also be a valued part of the team as you identify and cultivate strategic partnerships, expand our client base, and drive revenue growth through effective sales strategies. Your focus on market analysis, relationship building, and innovative business solutions will contribute to the overall success and expansion of our mission.
Our Success Critera
- Conduct thorough client research and analysis to enhance customer attraction, drive engagement, and position the company to for continued growth
- Showcase your ability to contribute to crucial aspects of business development through the development of sales materials, presentations, and proposals
- Work closely with the sales team to generate and follow up on sales leads
- Gain visibility as you collaborate with senior management to identify new business opportunities and markets
- Enhance and hone your skills as you develop and implement strategies to penetrate new markets and acquire new clients
- Showcase your meticulous attention to detail and results-oriented focus as you maintain accurate records of business development activities and regular progress reports
- Prioritize data-driven decision making as you analyze sales data to identify trends and opportunities for improvement
- Bachelors’ Degree in Business Management, MBA, or equivalent work experience
- Extensive experience in a start-up, large corporate, or consulting organization
- Comprehensive understanding of enterprise-level procurement, sales acquisition, and innovation processes
- A track record of technical excellence and successful projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with cross functional team project management
- Excellent time management and multitasking skills
- Ability to analyze and problem solve complex operational challenges
- Above all else, a consistently positive attitude and a willingness to do whatever it takes to create robust solutions to mission objectives
- Successful candidates will be a proponent of personal responsibility for themselves and their teammates
- Empathetic listener with conflict resolution capabilities
- Consistent bias for action, communication, and interpersonal savvy
- Self-motivated and able to solve problems independently
- Mission driven and passionate about bringing human-like intelligence to machines
Entry-rate Annual Salary: $90,000 CAD and up
At Sanctuary AI, we provide above average total compensation that includes three components: salary, equity, and benefits. Our goal is to ensure fairness in pay and we strive to make the overall package highly competitive with current market rates.
Equity will play a significant role in the total compensation for this role. Our goal is to provide a generous equity compensation package, exceeding what is typically offered by companies of our size. The specific amount of equity will be communicated to candidates upon receiving an offer.
Benefits - Canadian permanent employees are eligible for:
+ Medical Insurance
+ Hearing Aids
+ Life Insurance and AD&D
+ $500 per calendar year Healthcare Spending Account
+ Unique complimentary beverages and snacks at our head office
The compensation and benefits details provided for this role in Vancouver, BC are based on Sanctuary AI's market evaluation and may be subject to changes in the future. Your pay within the specified range will depend on various job-related factors, such as your past work experience, relevant education, and performance during interviews or work trials. Salary minimum provided is an entry-level rate for this role, as a requirement of the Pay Transparency Act in British Columbia.
** Please do not submit any information that is confidential to you or any third party. By submitting an application, you acknowledge and agree that your application does not contain any information that is confidential to you or any third party. **
Working at Sanctuary AI
Sanctuary AI is an equal opportunity employer; employment with Sanctuary AI is governed based on skills, competence, and qualifications and will not be influenced in any way by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability, or any other legally protected status. In 2023, Sanctuary AI moved into a state-of-the-art office facility and has been recognized by LinkedIn as a Top Startup company.
Full time (non co-op) employees enjoy medical/dental/vision coverage, life insurance, wellness programs, stock options, paid time off (3 weeks vacation accrued annually, paid statutory holidays, paid statutory sick leave, and statutory parental leave), scheduling and worksite flexibility by role, and more.
About Sanctuary AI
Founded in 2018 by Geordie Rose, Suzanne Gildert, Olivia Norton, and Ajay Agrawal, Sanctuary AI is a Vancouver, Canada-based company. Sanctuary AI is on a mission to create the world’s first human-like intelligence in general-purpose robots that will help us work more safely, efficiently, and sustainably. And in the not-too-distant future, help us explore, settle, and prosper in outer space.
Members of the Sanctuary AI team founded D-Wave (a pioneer in the quantum computing industry), Kindred (first use of reinforcement learning in a production robot), and the Creative Destruction Lab (pioneered a revolutionary method for the commercialization of science for the betterment of humankind). The team has experience launching market-defining innovations rooted in previously unsolved and deep scientific problems.
Recruiting & Employment Agency Notice:
Recruitment and hiring is conducted internally by Sanctuary AI. We are not seeking or soliciting any new agency partnerships or agreements at this time. Any employment agency or professional recruiter (“Agency”) that provides an unsolicited resume(s) or otherwise presents a prospective job candidate through the Sanctuary AI career site or directly to any Sanctuary AI employee, irrevocably grants to Sanctuary AI the unrestricted right to engage, hire, or contract with that candidate at Sanctuary AI's sole discretion without any compensation to the Agency. We appreciate your interest in working together, and should the need arise our Talent Acquisition team will contact any external firms directly.