Key Account Manager
Sales & Business Development
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posted on Tuesday, February 6, 2024
Your New Role and Team
Sanctuary AI–a multi award-winning LinkedIn Top Startup company- is looking to hire a skilled and motivated Key Account Manager to join our Commercial team. Reporting to the Chief Commercial Officer, you’ll play a vital role in supporting our growing customer base and ensure execution of priority customer engagements.
As Sanctuary AI’s Key Account Manager, you'll be a valued part of the team as you nurture and cultivate client relationships, enhance customer satisfaction, and drive revenue growth. Your strategic account management, effective communication, and understanding of client needs will also contribute to long-term partnerships, increased sales, and the overall success and expansion of Sanctuary AI’s presence in businesses around the world.
Our Success Critera
- Develop and nurture reliable, long-term relationships with key clients
- Coordinate communications as the main point of contact for key accounts, addressing inquiries and ensuring client satisfaction
- Understand client business objectives, challenges, and align our AI/robotic solutions to meet their needs
- Identify new opportunities for business expansion within existing key accounts
- Discover, understand, and share state of the art (SOTA) advancements in AI/robotics technologies as they relate to our product offerings
- Effectively communicate technical information to clients, providing insights into how our solutions can address their specific challenges
- Work closely with cross-functional teams, including engineering, marketing, and customer support, to facilitate seamless delivery of products/services to key accounts
- Communicate regularly with internal stakeholders to provide updates on account status, challenges, and opportunities
- Bachelors’ Degree in Engineering and/or equivalent work experience
- Extensive experience in a start-up, large corporate, or consulting organization
- Comprehensive understanding of enterprise-level procurement, sales acquisition, and innovation processes
- A track record of technical excellence and successful projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with cross functional team project management
- Excellent time management and multitasking skills
- Ability to analyze and problem solve complex operational challenges
- Above all else, a consistently positive attitude and a willingness to do whatever it takes to create robust solutions to mission objectives
- Successful candidates will be a proponent of personal responsibility for themselves and their teammates
- Empathetic listener with conflict resolution capabilities
- Consistent bias for action, communication, and interpersonal savvy
- Self-motivated and able to solve problems independently
- Mission driven and passionate about bringing human-like intelligence to machines
Entry-rate Annual Salary: $90,000 CAD and up
At Sanctuary AI, we provide above average total compensation that includes three components: salary, equity, and benefits. Our goal is to ensure fairness in pay and we strive to make the overall package highly competitive with current market rates.
Equity will play a significant role in the total compensation for this role. Our goal is to provide a generous equity compensation package, exceeding what is typically offered by companies of our size. The specific amount of equity will be communicated to candidates upon receiving an offer.
Benefits - Canadian permanent employees are eligible for:
+ Medical Insurance
+ Hearing Aids
+ Life Insurance and AD&D
+ $500 per calendar year Healthcare Spending Account
+ Unique complimentary beverages and snacks at our head office
The compensation and benefits details provided for this role in Vancouver, BC are based on Sanctuary AI's market evaluation and may be subject to changes in the future. Your pay within the specified range will depend on various job-related factors, such as your past work experience, relevant education, and performance during interviews or work trials. Salary minimum provided is an entry-level rate for this role, as a requirement of the Pay Transparency Act in British Columbia.
** Please do not submit any information that is confidential to you or any third party. By submitting an application, you acknowledge and agree that your application does not contain any information that is confidential to you or any third party. **
Working at Sanctuary AI
Sanctuary AI is an equal opportunity employer; employment with Sanctuary AI is governed based on skills, competence, and qualifications and will not be influenced in any way by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability, or any other legally protected status. In 2023, Sanctuary AI moved into a state-of-the-art office facility and has been recognized by LinkedIn as a Top Startup company.
Full time (non co-op) employees enjoy medical/dental/vision coverage, life insurance, wellness programs, stock options, paid time off (3 weeks vacation accrued annually, paid statutory holidays, paid statutory sick leave, and statutory parental leave), scheduling and worksite flexibility by role, and more.
About Sanctuary AI
Founded in 2018 by Geordie Rose, Suzanne Gildert, Olivia Norton, and Ajay Agrawal, Sanctuary AI is a Vancouver, Canada-based company. Sanctuary AI is on a mission to create the world’s first human-like intelligence in general-purpose robots that will help us work more safely, efficiently, and sustainably. And in the not-too-distant future, help us explore, settle, and prosper in outer space.
Members of the Sanctuary AI team founded D-Wave (a pioneer in the quantum computing industry), Kindred (first use of reinforcement learning in a production robot), and the Creative Destruction Lab (pioneered a revolutionary method for the commercialization of science for the betterment of humankind). The team has experience launching market-defining innovations rooted in previously unsolved and deep scientific problems.
Recruiting & Employment Agency Notice:
Recruitment and hiring is conducted internally by Sanctuary AI. We are not seeking or soliciting any new agency partnerships or agreements at this time. Any employment agency or professional recruiter (“Agency”) that provides an unsolicited resume(s) or otherwise presents a prospective job candidate through the Sanctuary AI career site or directly to any Sanctuary AI employee, irrevocably grants to Sanctuary AI the unrestricted right to engage, hire, or contract with that candidate at Sanctuary AI's sole discretion without any compensation to the Agency. We appreciate your interest in working together, and should the need arise our Talent Acquisition team will contact any external firms directly.