Director of Growth
Spocket is revolutionizing the world of eCommerce as we know it today. Because of Spocket, a mom from the United Kingdom, or a teacher from Saudi Arabia can start their own businesses with our platform.
At Spocket, we are on a mission to empower millions of online entrepreneurs. This is why we wake up every day. Today, Spocket enables over 60,000+ entrepreneurs across five continents to launch and scale their online stores.
On the outside, we’re building something life-changing for entrepreneurs. Helping them achieve their goals is why we’re all here. Changing an entire industry isn’t always a straight path forward, but it’s an experience unlike anything else.
On the inside, we are a fun and passionate group of people striving to build a world-class culture of freedom, full-ownership and responsibility.
We are on the lookout for a rockstar data-driven Director of Product Marketing to drive new customer acquisition efforts within paid and performance channels with an aim towards rapid growth. This individual will be a key player in defining a marketing strategy for customer acquisition and sustainable long-term growth of the business, ultimately helping drive revenue and profit for the company.
You’re excited about the role because you will…
- Be responsible for end-to-end performance marketing across the lifecycle of the customer experience—acquisition, conversion, analytics and attribution.
- This person should fully own all channels of growth including paid acquisition, content and SEO, affiliates program, influencers and partnerships.
- Test and establish various customer segments and targeted messages while also understanding which channels are most efficient.
- Drive our performance marketing attribution methodology.
- Define how our marketing efforts should be focused and where budgets should be directed based on analytics and key KPIs.
- Use web analytics and business intelligence tools such as Google Analytics and internal dashboards to better understand our customers and exploit those insights in marketing campaigns.
- Set best-in-class practices for each digital marketing channel – social (Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Quora, Reddit), SEM/SEO, email, display, ads, traditional media – to drive sales, profit and engagement.
- Monitor, analyze, and report on KPIs to ensure marketing initiatives are driving profitable acquisition.
- Maximize media spend through rigorous creative testing and optimization.
- Aggressively track, measure and report cohorts and conversion metrics across all campaigns daily.
- Report and analyze last-click and multi-touch attribution to develop an understanding of the impact of spending as well as online & offline interaction in the funnel.
- Provide bi-weekly trend and performance reports to stakeholders (Marketing, Finance, Product + Executive Team).
- Partner with the technical team in creating ways to monitor all stages of the acquisition funnel, from initial awareness creation to new subscriber sign-up.
- Collaborate with product, design and engineering to optimize conversion and drive marketing spend efficiency.
- Provide thoughtful leadership and perspective for the adoption of emerging media and technology.
We’re excited to have you because you have these skills…
- 3+ years experience with managing paid search, paid social, programmatic display and remarketing campaigns in a performance marketing or agency environment.
- At least 5 years of experience in digital marketing, advertising or data analysis.
- Experienced with SQL.
- Created and optimized campaigns across channels including all QA campaign trafficking and internal tracking to accurately capture media performance.
- Experienced user of Google Adwords and Facebook/Instagram ads and have an extensive background working in search marketing.
- Able to put processes in place for the rest of the growth team.
- Meticulous about driving a quality audience to conversion in continuity.
- Solid experience in SAAS and funnel optimization.
- Successful track record of scaling / increasing subscriber acquisition, engagement and retention while limiting costs and maximizing lifetime value for online and mobile audiences.
- Experience attracting top talent and mentoring high performing marketers.
- Successful at increasing awareness, acquiring leads and users, as well as delivering against revenue targets.
- Both right-brained and left-brained, and can think big picture while having the ability to execute.
- Strong background in direct response, owned and earned media, PR, and social specifically in the B2C space.
- Obsessed with reducing acquisition costs while increasing customer lifetime value.
- You love analytics and you understand that the integration of marketing principles with data-driven results is critical.
You’re excited about joining Spocket because...
- We take care of our teammates. This is a unique opportunity to join a rapidly growing technology startup and taking care of our team on this journey is a priority.
- We have curated a mission-driven workplace in which we believe in a positive and supportive team.
- We offer all teammates the opportunity to provide insights on strategy and improve processes across the business.
- You are eager to learn more about the fast-growing e-commerce industry.
- We have an awesome and easily accessible office in Yaletown with snacks and fun people.
- We love hanging out. A team that has fun together, stays together!
- We offer benefits so you can focus on building an awesome company!
If this sounds like a great fit for you, please apply now!