Intermediate Full Stack Engineer - Mobile
Spocket is revolutionizing the world of eCommerce as we know it today. Because of Spocket, a mom from the United Kingdom, or a teacher from Saudi Arabia can start their own businesses with our platform.
At Spocket, we are on a mission to empower millions of online entrepreneurs. This is why we wake up every day. Today, Spocket enables over 60,000+ entrepreneurs across five continents to launch and scale their online stores.
On the outside, we’re building something life-changing for entrepreneurs. Helping them achieve their goals is why we’re all here. Changing an entire industry isn’t always a straight path forward, but it’s an experience unlike anything else.
On the inside, we are a fun and passionate group of people striving to build a world-class culture of freedom, full ownership, and responsibility.
We are looking for an Intermediate Full Stack Engineer with extensive software development experience and a background in mobile app development. You'll work with our team of engineers and product managers to create solutions to solve real-world problems, as well as planning and implementing features for our mobile Flutter applications.
You're excited about the role because you will...
- Work with a highly skilled team of engineers to turn business requirements into technical requirements with clear technical specifications.
- Collaborate with the development, design, and growth team to come up with innovative and scalable solutions.
- Develop and maintain key features across our mobile and web platforms.
- Uncover new and innovative ways to enhance customer experience and platform usability.
- Maintain, manage and scale our current stack on an ongoing basis.
- Have ownership and responsibility for the code and the product.
We’re excited to have you because you have these skills…
- 5+ years of software development experience and have a track record for building high-quality, maintainable, tested, documented, and scalable software.
- Mobile app development experience, demonstrating previous success releasing professional iOS or Android apps with Flutter.
- Backend experience with Ruby or Ruby on Rails.
- Experience with modern frontend development (technologies, methodologies, tools, and frameworks, e.g.: React or Vue).
- Experience developing and integrating with RESTFul APIs.
- Experience with SQL databases and NoSQL data stores.
- Experience with multiple architectures such as monolithic and microservices.
- Experience with multiple testing tools (Mocha/Jest/Cypress/Selenium), methodologies, and strategies such as unit, integration, and end to end.
You’re excited about joining because...
- We take care of our teammates. This is a unique opportunity to join a rapidly growing technology startup and taking care of our team on this journey is a priority.
- We have curated a mission-driven workplace in which we believe in a positive and supportive team.
- We offer all teammates the opportunity to provide insights on strategy and improve processes across the business.
- You are eager to learn more about the fast-growing e-commerce industry.
- We love hanging out. A team that has fun together, stays together!
- We can help facilitate the sponsorship process for Canadian Permanent Residency, contingent upon completion of 24 months of work and performance review