macOS Software Engineer
macOS Software Engineerat Tailscale
Tailscale builds software that makes it easy to connect and secure devices, no matter where they are. Every day, banks and multinational companies use Tailscale to protect their corporate networks. Hobbyists and start-ups trust Tailscale to collaborate and share access to tooling. We're building a future for the Internet that's easy, small and safe, like it used to be. Founded in 2019 and fully distributed, we're backed by Accel, HeavyBit, and Uncork Capital.
We’re seeking a talented and motivated full-time Software Engineer to join our growing team. You will work as part of the engineering team to:
- Develop the Tailscale product, contributing to client code and backend services. The client code is a mix of Swift and Go, while the backend is mostly Go.
- Bring a special focus on Apple platforms, especially networking functionality of the platforms.
Because we’re an early-stage and fully remote company, we’re looking for a motivated individual who can help move the product forward. The ability to think on your feet, collaborate with highly technical teams, and be comfortable working asynchronously are essential.
iOS and macOS development expertise:
- Network Extension and routing table proficiency
- Cross-target code sharing and multiple application signing schemes
- Battery life investigation and improvement
- Intents and integrations with other software on the device
- MDM integration, Profile support, fleet management
- Providing support for the latest Apple platform features while maintaining compatibility with a reasonable subset of older systems
- Strong understanding of software development principles, capabilities, and limitations of macOS and iOS platforms
- Previous experience in Golang makes ramping up quicker
- Proficiency in Objective-C and/or Swift
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to give and process constructive feedback, as well as work independently
- Flexibility to adjust to the dynamic nature of a startup
For this position, our target salary range is $180,000 - $265,000 USD (paid in your local currency). As a company, we strive to maintain fair and equitable compensation practices within our team across all roles and all levels.
What We Offer
- An inclusive, flexible environment where you can be your authentic self. We recognize the impact diverse voices and backgrounds have on the growth of our people, our product, and our company. And that flexibility in how and when you work empowers our team to balance work and life.
- A competitive total compensation package. This includes base salary and an equity incentive plan.
- Comprehensive group benefits with no waiting period. Take advantage of coverage for health, vision, dental, and more for you and your family!
- Remote-first with the opportunity to work from anywhere—enjoy a change of scenery wherever you can get wifi and join our company retreats with fellow Tailscalars!
- Support for your personal and professional development. Grow your career thoughtfully with $1500 USD annually for professional development, leverage our conference budget to learn from experts in your field, or take advantage of mentorship, coaching, and internal promotion opportunities.
- Paid time off and a healthy work-life balance. Take advantage of 4 weeks of vacation each year, uncapped sick time when you need it, and support for any situation life throws your way!
- A build-your-own home office setup. You choose your own company-owned laptop (MAC or PC), receive a monthly home internet reimbursement, and $1000 USD to customize your workstation to make it your own.
- Generous parental leave program from your first day. We care about your life outside of work and encourage new parents to take advantage of parental leave top-ups for up to 26 weeks.