Accounting Managerat Tailscale
Tailscale builds software that makes it easy to connect and secure devices, no matter where they are. Every day, banks and multinational companies use Tailscale to protect their corporate networks. Hobbyists and start-ups trust Tailscale to collaborate and share access to tooling. We're building a future for the Internet that's easy, small and safe, like it used to be. Founded in 2019 and fully distributed, we're backed by Accel, HeavyBit, and Uncork Capital.
We are looking for an Accounting Manager to implement financial systems, manage all accounting operations and reporting, and build the foundation for a best-in-class accounting team.
This role will report to the Controller and work closely with internal and external stakeholders across various teams. You will be a key player in shaping the future of Tailscale’s accounting team while contributing to a world-class finance team.
- You will design, build, and manage all accounting systems and processes
- Manage and optimize financial reporting, general ledger reconciliation, and month-end close journal entries, including revenue recognition, accruals, and expense reporting
- Manage accounts payable, accounts receivable, and general cash management
- Ensure financials are prepared in accordance with GAAP for its first audit
- Manage tax reporting and filings
- Conduct financial analysis and modeling to evaluate the revenue, profitability, and return on
- Serve as a critical point of contact for the Sales team, assisting in structuring and pricing deals to maximize Tailscale’s objectives while ensuring compliance with company policies and guidelines
- Collaborate with various teams (including Sales and BizOps) to facilitate deal approvals, resolve issues, and ensure smooth deal execution
- Have 5+ years of relevant experience, including Big 4 public accounting and experience at a fast-paced startup (ideally SaaS)
- Strong understanding of the quote-to-cash cycle and experience in building related processes
- Have a strong sense of ownership in your work, and love the idea of building out and owning systems and processes end-to-end
- Have experience and understanding of ASC 606
- Exemplary interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- You’re an enthusiastic self-starter. You enjoy a fast-paced, exploratory environment and expect to lead multiple projects in parallel.
- You’re keen to explore and learn how sales and finance teams can collaborate to produce the best outcomes.
- You relentlessly desire to improve every aspect of your work, combining it with exceptional attention to detail and unwavering high standards.
- You deliver exceptional results and continuously elevate the standards of excellence within the team.
What We Offer
- An inclusive, flexible environment where you can be your authentic self. We recognize the impact diverse voices and backgrounds have on the growth of our people, our product, and our company. And that flexibility in how and when you work empowers our team to balance work and life.
- A competitive total compensation package. This includes base salary and an equity incentive plan.
- Comprehensive group benefits with no waiting period. Take advantage of coverage for health, vision, dental, and more for you and your family!
- Remote-first with the opportunity to work from anywhere—enjoy a change of scenery wherever you can get wifi and join our company retreats with fellow Tailscalars!
- Support for your personal and professional development. Grow your career thoughtfully with $1500 USD annually for professional development, leverage our conference budget to learn from experts in your field, or take advantage of mentorship, coaching, and internal promotion opportunities.
- Paid time off and a healthy work-life balance. Take advantage of 4 weeks of vacation each year, uncapped sick time when you need it, and support for any situation life throws your way!
- A build-your-own home office setup. You choose your own company-owned laptop (MAC or PC), receive a monthly home internet reimbursement, and $1000 USD to customize your workstation to make it your own.
- Generous parental leave program from your first day. We care about your life outside of work and encourage new parents to take advantage of parental leave top-ups for up to 26 weeks.